1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    While returning from Kolkata to Hyderabad, picked an Autocar Oct 2013 issue to read in flight. Saw a news, Post each word:-

"The Next-Generation FIAT Linea will be developed on the FIAT 500L platform. This all-new car will first make its debut in Italy and then in India sometime in 2015. Before which, Fiat plans to Introduce the facelifted Linea, set for launch here soon".

Now, what I read and mentioned earlier that Viaggio was in testing in Italy. This will replace linea as D segment car.

As per FIAT Plan pics, it is showing that some number on D Segment Car ( no mention of any model/spec). So we can speculate on Viaggio :).
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Oops Sorry Ravi i didnt knew it.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Great Suman.If Viaggio is launched here in 2015 it would be Awesome.But Linea should continue to exist n c+ segment is what i would love
  5. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    Thank you Suman for this wonderful news.I was always feeling very sad that FIAT lacks a D segment sedan, that can compete with Laura ,Octavia,Jetta and the likes.Hope FIAT brings the Viaggio as soon as possible. It will be a perfect upgrade for people migrating from Linea to a D segment sedan.
  6. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    its very strange why fiat wants to develope new generation cars on 500 platform. why dont they use punto platform for next generation cars. all the cars from 500 platform looks ugly.
    1 person likes this.
  7. nareshov

nareshov

Bangalore
    the 500 may not be universally loved for its looks. but it's not universally hated for its looks either.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Why Fiat is not manufacturing Fiat 500 here to minimize the cost of the car.

Definitely 500 will grab the market if the cost is around 3-5 lac segment.

It is real compact city car....
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The Novo Uno is the car for that segment.

The 500 is the 'trendy, upmarket and niche' city car and in the Abarth guise, it's a sporty city car. Well, something sort of that description.
    1 person likes this.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    My bad :(

I underestimated Fiat 500 :)