1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Fiat Linea Classic Launch On 25th September

Source: MotorBeam
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Launch is in Delhi, as per above report.
  3. Aceman82

Aceman82 Timido

next ntibedm
    Actually I would like if a Linea is launched specifically targeted at the Cab market since it would mean better availability of better spares in open market which will allow us to get serviced in local garages when warranty gets over. Anything serious like BCM or Airbags/ABS then the car can be taken to FASS. Also Linea with its huge boot might actually be successful in the Taxi market.

PS: I owned a Indica for 8 years and it was dirt cheap to maintain due to availability of spares in the open market ;)
    1 person likes this.
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Just now spoke to my SA of hubli dealer,he got training of Linea Classic.Weight is not reduced

- - - Merged Post - - -

Launch would be in Caffe i think.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

How about replacing those Fiat taxis in Mumbai with new Fiats just to continue the tradition ?:p
    But seriously, I think Fiat is harming the Linea Sedan reputation for the 2014 Linea.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Getting the Linea Taxi is not digestive, But for sure it will be Pvt Taxi (Linea) on the streets soon
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Sure why not.Fiat can replace those old Fiat taxis which are now in scrapyard with new Fiat taxis to just continue the tradition of serving indian people in their cars.Ya it will harm Linea sedan reputation for the 2014 Linea but this strategy of Fiat is there in many european & other markets.
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Not at all bro !!! Even with the current Linea classic, the existing Linea with 90HP still remains a class apart.

As most of the scoops and speculations say that 2014 Linea would have 1.6 MJD under the hood, there's no question of Linea's image being tarnished.

After all even Mercedes Benz and BMWs host yellow number plates (Taxis) these days, yet people love them and buy them.

Let's wait and watch what FIAT unveils !!!

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

But we are talking about the INDIAN market. Where Maruti Suzuki and Honda commands more premium than regular premium brands in the west. The Indian consumer will happily sit in a Merc taxi on his way to Zurich airport from his Swiss vacation, but back in Bombay and other cities he will show off his Honda City/ Maruti Swift and scorn at Fiat Linea. Thats the consumer Fiat needs to target.