1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Assuming they come out with a new awesome gearbox and will that be a direct fit into our cars?
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    This is the most authentic piece of information in this thread. :D

Rajan

PS: Sorry Gurjinder, just could not resist. Feel free to delete if found inappropriate.
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Yup all doubts will be cleared once its launched.Yes a reworked gearbox probably with long throws like i20 or Swift will make this car's performance peppy with 76 ps engine to pull 1230 kg weight in a linear way.
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    If the Linea Classic, as speculated will come with a reworked (better) gear box. Would it be specific to Linea classic alone? Given that the current Linea will be phased out after the launch of New Linea (with a better gearbox), wouldn't Fiat plonk this reworked gearbox in Punto aswell?
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I for one seriously doubt if the reworked gearbox will be plonked in the Linea Classic. In the facelifted Linea, most probably it will be there. Given that the engine is same, it will most likely be a direct fit to the older models as well, I hope.

Rajan
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i too heard about the gearbox improvement but that was on Punto 2013 :D .if not, definitely linea will come with new gear box.
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    If gear box upgrade is happening then can the old customers like us can have option to upgrade the gear box?
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No issues Rajan. Till the launch actually happens, everything is just speculation. ;)

@rishikesh Let's see if this mythical gearbox comes in the first place or not. Swapping it to older customers is far fetched at this stage.
  9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    I said they should need to make gear ratios long instead of short throws to match Linea's weight with 76ps engine.2013 cars gears are just butter smooth to engage like VW,Hyundai cars have.
  10. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    With respect to the weight reduction in Linea classic , think fiat will work on the power to weight ratio instead of new gear box.