1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As per plan (http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-india-news/8575-fiat-india-future-plans-19.html#post154569), I don't see anything in 2014 for Jeep/Chrysler.
    I feel Fiat Caffe will be better than this Bangalore expo.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

Saw this news:
    EXCLUSIVE: Fiat India to introduce seven new models | CarDekho.com

Not sure how authentic the news is.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  5. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Got an UN-official (may be a rumour) news from both dealer's SAs at Chennai. Not sure if this is already discussed.
    They are undergoing training for 'Linea classic' for the past 2 days, which is going to be launched in a week of time.
    It is going to be 76PS, with reduced weight. Having two variants (classic and classic plus).
    No Airbag, no Blue and me or any such features. R14 size tyres. No change in the length, breath measurements. Seems like a ETIOS kinda thing.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ I don't know how to react to this news.

frustrated-by-phone.jpg
    2 people like this.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hmm..interested in seeing what will FIAT give us with the Linea "classic". Good or otherwise.

Etios? Not really. Let's see.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Happened to speak to my known SA today and he mentioned that he is going to Pune for training. I asked if it was for the Linea classic, he was clueless.

Just wondering, it should majorly be the same Punto s engine, I mean nothing new in terms of body or mechanicals, everything is a mix match from existing stable, does this warrant a special training program? :eek:
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It'll be clear once the launch happens.

A reworked gearbox was one of the rumors from someone allegedly involved with the car.
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    A guy of Bangalore dealer said to me that Linea will have two variants Classic with 76ps & Classic+ with 93ps engine but weight wont be reduced he said.19.5 kmpl against 20.5 kmpl of current Linea mjd.He got this news in training.Not sure who's right.Launch is on 25th sept,a Fiat official said.They are targeting cab market so no features like airbags,blue & me or any such features.Yesterday read in a auto site that Linea Classic prices will start from 5 lacs & some say 6.5 lacs:confused.