1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I totally agree with what ever you have said, Sat.

But, I take it in a different way. Something is better than Nothing. For Palio, I know where to reach out for spares. I have 4 options and can get it from anyone. Even if not available they promise to give it by 1-2 weeks. Call a Fiat dealer for Timing Belt kit for Palio, you will know what I mean. Who is better here? Fiat or these dealers?
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    A related post from the past when I had mentioned about Palio owners to Nagesh at Fiat Caffe bangalore :http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat...e-rj-@-fiat-caffe-bangalore-9.html#post171501

3. LineaDriver

LineaDriver Novizio

KL-07
    Hyson, the FASS at Kochi has assured an S10 owner of all spares, except rear spoiler and side stone cladding ( Both for S10) from FIAT. They don't stock Palio spares mainly because the demand is less at the moment and parts are ordered against demand, but they need to have the vehicle there for service. This owner of the S10 got everything for his S10 from Hyson only, and all mechanical work were also done at Hyson.
    1 person likes this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The real brand ambassadors for any company are the customers. No cricketer or an actor can bring back fortune for a company which has a heavy past baggage due to its own making. The word-of-mouth publicity is stronger and has a wider and sustained reach than any other type ad campaigns. If that company does not understand this basic fact even after several failed attempts and antagonise the customers, then that company does not deserve any new customers. Adding fuel to the fire, frequent change of leadership led to frequent change of corporate business plans. FIAT's experiments in India could very well form basis for many doctoral research thesis in the leading international business schools.
    6 people like this.
  5. For a dealer it is capex, so he doesn't want to park his money on spares.Dealers need to be given some credit line in case spares by FIAT
    Also FIAT needs to have distributed warehouse in major cities at least.by doing so they can ship anything with in 24 hours like what Honda is able to do.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is applicable for the spares for Punto and Linea only not for Palios.

To be more specific, I called a FASS (a person known to me well) in Chennai to see if I can get right and left headlight assembly for Palio. It is not available and they said they can't assure me when they will be able to get me this as Fiat itself may not have it at their warehouse in Pune.
  7. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    I totally agree that a distributed warehouse should solve the waiting for spares problem down south. Based on what I have understood from the FASS, Fiat is not yet completely ready with their own spares warehouse at Ranjangaon. Once this is ready, may be the situation could improve. Of course, everyone has the same question 'how long is it going to take for them to get stable?'

May be Mr. Nagesh was trying to say that their priority is to win back old customers confidence by giving them better service experience than what they are facing now. So, we can assume a plan is there for Palio owners too. But, as always, time taken to implement the plans are really huge for Fiat.
  8. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Very true !!!, FIAT as an organisation is very slow in sensing the customer pulse and change their strategies accordingly. They are even slower in executing the finalized plans/strategies :sadblue

Unless they realize this, and emphasize on the TIME TO MARKET aspect in their strategies; they will not make much impact in the sub-continent.

They NEED to bring in aggressiveness into their PLANNING, IMPLEMENTING and MARKETING !!!
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I do not think that is ever going to happen. You see, Italians are romantic by nature and expect people to fall in love with what they do. Come to think of it, we TFIans are living proof that they are right :D

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore