1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    Well, I just stumbled upon it myself after 10 min into the show..anyway I didn't think he mentioned anything different from what is already discussed here. He did say ABARTH is coming (think next year), the small car is definitely in the works but being designed with a global focus, they want to go local with Jeep by 2015 and also consider exports to RHD markets. Then the usual talk about investments, dealers etc - projecting 160 dealers by end of next year and said that they are offering good incentives to prospective dealers because he understands it is a very competitive market. The show may repeat or I am sure someone will get it there on youtube....
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Great. Here's my updated inference.

From Jeep
    - Grand Cherokee (Later half of 2013 thru CBU)
    - Wrangler (Later half of 2013 thru CBU)
    - New B segment SUV (Will be made in Ranjangaon - 2015-2016)
    - New C segment SUV (Will be made in Ranjangaon - 2015-2016)

From Fiat
    - New Linea (2014)
    - New Punto (2014)
    - New Hatch (to take on Alto. Will be world value car)
    - New SUV to take on Ecosport (2014)

"Mr Manley, who also heads Jeep worldwide, said the car-maker will bring in its Jeep brand to India in the second half of 2013 and plans to launch four Jeep brands over the next four years. Of the four models, the first two, Grand Cherokee and Wrangler, will be completely built units (CBUs), while the other two will be locally produced, he added."

“Our vision for India will revolve around a three-pronged strategy,” Mr Manley said.
    “First, the introduction of new vehicles that will soon include the legendary Jeep brand.
    Second, the expansion of our independent dealer network and,
    finally, strong marketing initiatives that will continue to improve our awareness and brand perception in the market.”

Source - Fiat to drive value world car into India to take on Alto - NDTVProfit.com
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    3 people like this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hmmm..to bad, Abarth by Jan or Feb (atleast if booking started) would be of great news to me :(, yes though the rest of the news from FIAT made my day.

Also too bad, fiat india website isnt updated on this news in the News section. grrrr.....
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Returned from plant @ 22:30 hr & immediately started to read this thread.

The news made me :dancing :dancing :dancing.

ALL THE BEST TO THE FUTURE PLANS OF FIAT INDIA.
  5. sidindica

sidindica

-
    Perfect product to take on the renault duster=fiat adventure locker, 1.6 MJD

Perfect product for the B segment=Fiat panda, 1.3 MJD VGT

Perfect product for the upper B segment=Punto, 1.3 VGT (good)

Perfect product for the C segment=Linea (ONLY 1.6 MJD and 1.3 MJD at cut price and with 1,3 duologic automatic)

Perfect product for the lifestyle segment=500.
    4 people like this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Great if you could write up with pics about the plant experience in detailed :)
  7. hpmadan

hpmadan Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat announces roadmap for Jeep in India, plans its own future

Fiat-Chrysler-press-conference-300x180.jpg

In a press conference held today in Mumbai, Fiat announced product plans for Jeep as well as for itself, and we have all the details for you in this post.

No photographs, sketches or teasers were shared during the presentation, and explicit details of the future products were not provided.

Jeep –

Jeep has been in existence for 70 years and sells cars in 120 countries. It prides itself for inventing the first crossover and the first automatic all-wheel drive SUV.

The presentation adds that there are more than 7 million Jeep models on the planet and the brand has over 2 million fans on Facebook.

A slide shows Jeep as a physical and emotional brand and as a maker of cars that take you away from the mundane everyday tasks.

Jeep future products for India
    ■In the third quarter of 2013 India will see the Wrangler and Grand Cherokee
    ■In 2015, the company will launch a B-Segment SUV (name, specifications not available)
    ■In 2016, a C Segment SUV will be launched (no details here again)
    Jeep is not ready to divulge plans on what the second and third products are at the moment.

Fiat India -
    (By 2016)

■Fiat will be present across the country through 112 dealers
    ■Jeep will be have 82 dealers throughout the nation
    Fiat India future products
    ■Fiat will launch 4 new products in 2013-2014
    ■Fiat will launch Abarth in 2013 – No other details were divulged
    ■All new Punto will be launched in 2014. The new Punto will be refreshed (think MY2012 Tata Nano, MY2012 Fiat Punto) in 2015 and 2016
    ■A B-Segment Fiat SUV will come in 2014
    ■Fiat will reposition the Linea as the ‘Linea Classic’ in 2013
    ■An all-new Linea will be launched in 2014
    We will update this post with some more information later today. Until then, stay tuned to IndianAutosBlog.com.
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It should come with Abarth if we get something similar offered by Fiat UK in tunes of 160hp or 180 hp
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok let me guess on this strategy:

Abarth Punto EVO comes in 2013 with the new face, tail and interiors as in Europe (of course with a hot Engine) :redcar, while the 2012 Punto continues. So enthusiasts go for the Abarth and spread the message.

EVO establishes the sports car/ performance car image and by 2014 Punto EVO with 1.3MJD will be launched for the not so sporty mass market :car
  10. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Thanks for the link.. 1.6 MJD with 105 HP and 290 NM Torque...and 11 sec to reach 100km/hr...6-speed + reverse gears...
    by using VGT 1.6 MJD should be able to produce much better power and torque than this.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012