1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    When I went to collect my car after bumper painting to fix the scratches had a chance to bump into a FIAT executive who is in charge for the spares and the DMS related training for the south region.

Had a brief discussion with him and a few pointers that I picked up. Here we go with the details.

1. The spares warehouse is spread across 60,000 sq ft.
    2. The spares warehouse can house spares worth 450 crores
    3. The spares turnover currently is anywhere between 19-22 crores on a month on month basis
    4. The new DMS has been designed to make the spares distribution process smoother.
    5. All the new service centers will be trained to handle the new DMS with the parts ePER loaded in the DMS itself, so no more referring to parts catalogue which is stand alone.

The spares procurement process.

1. The order would be placed in the system from the dealer/service center end.
    2. The parts order gets logged in the same day in the Spares warehouse
    3. The parts would be sorted and would be picked the next day and would be ready for shipment on the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] day from placing the order.
    4. The parts would reach the dealer/service center in 1 – 4 days depending on the distance between the warehouse and the dealer/service center.
    5. All VOR orders would be air-shipped and would be available in 24 hours.

The 90% of the Palio spares are available in the ware house for the Palios that were manufactured within the last 10 years from the current date.

Though this might not seems very different from other manufacturers, now at least it seems that a proper system is being put in place for good.

I will dig out more information if I get a chance to meet the person again.
    10 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Encouraging information.
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    But again one point I forgot to ask is, 90% availability in what quantity and till when they would provide support. I will check with this the next time I have the opportunity.
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That's the point. FIAT has not done something revolutionary but has put the system in place which should have been there long ago. And if the system works properly(hope so) then FIAT will be able to change the image regarding spares availability.
  5. linuxmanju

linuxmanju

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet has been put up on Fiat-India website . This is awesome and a welcome move by Fiat, But the GC for the new Linea is specified as 185/190 . In my opinion this is uncalled for, Earlier Linea had a decent GC and the best in class Ride and Handling setup. I don't know how this increased height is going to affect the outcome.

90% of the people who opt for Linea is it's trade mark handling, I am just hoping this SUV like GC should not piss them off.
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I am throwing a small debt & speculation:-

As Fiat mentioned they will launch New Linea in 2014, so there are 2 option may be
    1. 1.6 MJD VGT with 320 NM & 120BHP.
    2. 1.4 T-Jet with 150 BHP & 270NM ( or 280 NM) ( not confirmed if this will happen).

I am confused what to choose, what say friends. Are you confused too as enthusiast perspective.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    suman, even your 1st point is not confirmed as it was not mentioned by Fiat. both are speculations till launch
    1 person likes this.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    considering that both these vehicles are still in the may be/ may not be mode, my choice would be the 1.4 Tjet again.
    The reason is simply that petrol/diesel price difference is coming down fast and if FIAT waits longer there might be no takers for the MJD at all ;-)
  9. macky

macky Amatore

I agree to disagree here a little, even if the price of petrol and diesel parity reduces considerably, the price difference of petrol and diesel vehicles will also come down, the FE of diesel engines is far more better than the petrol ones and given the reliability of diesel engines these days which are at par with the petrol ones if not better, I dont see the situation changing very soon!!

Also, the term Fiat producing enthusiast's cars is grossly misused, may be Fiat scores in some areas like steering feedback and ride and handling, cornering etc, but whats the use of them when you have a laggard engine and after hitting 120 the engine starts to growl.
    May be palio 1.6 is one heck of an enthusiasts car or a 1.9, but thats it and to me FIAT should concentrate on performance vehicles and create its own niche though small, rather than dealing with failures interms of sales numbers, the point I am trying to make is, the sales numbers that are achieved by FIAT for the last two years could have been similar if they produced the real enthusiasts cars(100-120 bhp or may be more with better low and high range and a 6th gear), but, it could have become an aspirational brand.
  10. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Think Fiat viaggio will launch and Linea will become classic