1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Very ambitious project from FIAT and I am loving it. They customers deserve best cars and they are providing that. Also I hope they does the marketing well and educate indian buyers.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  2. Soomebody please tell those guys not to sell those sexy 1.6s to tata nd all... They will advertise it big time and grab the better share of advantage in the end.... just like what's happening now.. and it will continue as long as the tatas and marutis remain as the popular choice..!!!
    1 person likes this.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If the Jeeps are through CBU route, they will repent for it big time !! with over the limit taxes n taxes on those, the price will skyrocket n people will prefer the snob value of audis n beemers more than the efficiency of Jeep cherokee !! It should be CKD, if it has to survive , inspite of investing such a big amount !
    the models i wish to be :-
    cherokee
    wrangler

Freemont with 1.9MJD
    linea 1.6MJD
    punto EVO 1.3MJD
    panda multi air
    abarth punto evo with 1.4 Tjet
    Viaggio with 1.9MJD
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No my friend. Read the statement from Mr. Manlay carefully. Fiat to launch 9 new products in three years

What ever I have inferred is based on his statement. I don't see any trace of 1.6/1.9 MJD, Freemont, Viaggio, Multi Air, Panda and so on.

"We will formally introduce Jeep brand in India, and the first Jeep vehicles will begin to arrive at the end of 2013, and then as we get through to 2015 and 2016, we will localize the Jeep products, specifically to B and C segment small SUVs and Fiat brand will have four distinct products in its portfolio," Manley said.
  5. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    Mike Manley right now talking about these plans on NDTV Profit (10 - 1030PM)
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You informed late, now watching.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    So, we can expect more updates after the show from you? :)
  8. I'm missing it... hope somebody puts up a link of the video here later on..
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nothing much, just watched last 2 mins or so,
    - Marketing spend will be huge, but focused.
    - 9 new products in next 4 years
    - 5% target is tough, but that will give idea how Fiat plan is working.
  10. Thanks for the timely update. Could catch the final 10 min.

Nice to hear the few good things like.. clearly admitting, the ad spend had to be more focused , and hope really they touch this point with precision.
    He said Fiat don't want too many brands, so alpha lancia are not likely to come in too..any way I think, they have less brand recall in India, so makes sense
    Where is the Punto T-jet- really sad that no talks are on that