1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I doubt it. As a matter of fact, when the T-Jet was launched, it was priced more than the top variant Diesel Linea. However, now that the top variant Diesel Linea sports everything that the T-Jet Plus had - 16" alloys, leather seats - I would think that the price would be slightly lower or on par with the Diesel. If FIAT prices it any more than that, they will end up with another dud in the market.

Performance is not everything. Think about it, there are so many of us drooling over the Abarth and Punto Evo. How many do you think will actually convert into a sale? Where did all the so called enthusiasts go when the T-Jet was originally launched?

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  3. LineaDriver

LineaDriver Novizio

KL-07
    When FGAIL takes over the 3S for FIAT Cars from TATA Motors on 1st April 2013, they will be able come out with a media wave, only then they will specify what is going to come and when it is going to come. Till then the hype created among the enthusiasts will propogate mouth to mouth, and FIAT was able to create the hype with the news of new models of Lineas & Puntos, and also the Abarth brand.

Let us wait a few more days.
  4. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

If somehow, FIAT could price an "Active Spec" T-Jet with the airbags & anti-lock brakes or the T-Jet that you own at par with the Honda City CE or at least, E - there might be the possibility of sales improving, right?
    I wouldn't usually compare an ANHC with the T-Jet, but a non enthusiast / FIAT skepticist (if there's such a word :p) would consider the T-Jet over the S-MT (8.5L) only if the final price of the former was at least slightly lesser than the latter's, to make up for the resale value & brand image.
    I believe there are people who chose head over heart and went in for a Honda City/Civic instead of a jet - probably a lower yet impossible sticker price would've lured them into buying the FIAT.

I guess we'll just have to keep our toes crossed till April 3 (or is it 10?). :confused:
  5. LineaDriver

LineaDriver Novizio

KL-07
    Mods : Please delete this post, accidently got reposted. Sorry
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I guess, we might see some advertisements and announcements happening from 1st of April when the official take over is done.

OT: By the way, the current service centers are facing severe pressure from TATA to stop taking Fiat cars in their service centers, irrespective of whether the city has a FIAT sales and service outlet.:A

Whatever little respect I had for TATA is gone for good.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Situation will become worse if this happens. Apart from big cities, I am not seeing a great progress from Fiat in opening the exclusives. In this case, if the TASS stop servicing the Fiats, it will be another disaster. Just look at TN and KA. There is only one FASS in TN and 2 in KA.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The answer I got from concorde when I asked for a part was like, "we are just clearing stock, better check with vecto or KHT". I guess that confusion will be there for sometime.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Seriously Beige on a Punto - Will turn that whole character of the car, I hate beige interiors and the reflections associated with it. It's always black and grey for me. Although I agree it will make you feel less claustrophobic - Who knows the Indian public may buy the Punto in loads after seeing beige interiors.
    1 person likes this.
  10. prasen123

prasen123 Amatore

Pune
    I really failed to understand strategy from fiat. People still say that Fiat is good brand, and still remember Padmini, Siana and palio sport. But when it comes to Punto or linea, people dont want to go to fiat showroom just to see two cars with identical interiors.

Indian customers are very choosy, and always think about EMI and kitna deti hai concept.

Go to Maruti showroom, you get variety from 2.5 lacs to 20 lacs. Same with hyundai or tata.

Also fiat is not trusted brand when we talk about after sales service. Tell me how many fiat customers feel delighted after service and also trust the service engineer with their knowledge for fiat cars.

FIAT should understand that everything is showbiz here. Actually now they should create hype by publishing coming soon wala add for jeep and facelifted versions.

Give it to tfi and they will do it for fiat.

Sent from my A90 using Tapatalk 2