1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Test drive multiple cars. Take an experienced driver with you for the TD. No idea what you mean by FIAT ATM. Honestly, I cannot tell you "Go for FIAT. You cannot go wrong with FIAT". Every car has upsides and downsides. If you seriously want my advise, here it is - Buy an used Alto or Zen. You should be able to find one for less than a Lakh. Drive that to your heart's content and till you become confident on the roads. Dings and scratches will not hurt much. After a year or so, when you have considerable miles under your belt, buy whatever FIAT model gets launched then.

Yes, I did not go for the Vecto inauguration. I had something more important to do.

That depends on usage, owner and multiple other factors. While FIAT does make good cars, they still do not make the best cars. As a matter of fact, there is no such thing as a best car in the Indian scenario. Every car launched here lacks in one department or the other.

Rajan
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Well i know for sure that GP is the best hatch. No doubt. Though some small downsides exists.

Yep my SIL's brother has liva and this guy when ever he meets my father keeps boasting about Liva. And apparently my father has seen his car and sat in it for like 1s or twice. So he has a feeling that its interior leg room is very spacious and and all.

I already said that in my earlier post. Liva and Polo TD by next week. Already been in swift but not in driver seat many many times and same in i20 too. So i do not like them for many reasons. So left with Liva and Polo. Going to start by next week. In my budget and requirement only hatchbacks are suitable. So my list are:

1. Swift
    2. i20
    3. Beat
    4. Micra
    5. Liva
    6. Polo
    7. GP

Off the above, 1, 2, 3, 4 are ruled out. Always had an eye about Polo. Nah i do not like liva at all. The car sucks big time. But just to feel it. ;)
    Damn RTO, no DL yet :x

- - - Merged Post - - -

Honestly i am yet to find that neutral experienced driver. Most of the drivers i speak whom i think they are good at, always find love towards one brand and they keep talking about it as there is no other. I don't know whats wrong.

FIAT ATM = FIAT At The Moment. :)

Yes i have been prepared and with an open mind i know for sure every car has some downside. Its as good as our life. So gotta deal with it.

Now that is definitely going to hurt my family sentiments. Actually i have already discussed this option, before even joining this forum and before even starting to think about having a car. They were all like WTH wrong with you? No way. Either first car is a new car or NO car. Though i tried explaining they dont want to listen. You see its a new car in life sentiment which i welcome.

I really do understand from which view point your speaking. But i am keeping an open mind in this case. Its like having a better half via arrange marriage. You never know for sure issues exists and to what extent unless you live with it. So similar thing here, although from TFI i know most of the downsides. So can happily live knowing it. :D

Thanks Rajan, Wolverine for your concern.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  3. You are not going to be the first one in this forum who would be buying his car and then start learning driving in it...so don't sweat it out buddy..
    Just keep your basics straight and at no point of time let over confidence get the best of you.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    i am one of them :p.Bought the punto just after getting my driving license and without any test drives.
  5. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I learnt driving by taking test drives of various hatches a month before I got my punto delivered:p the only car I had learnt driving on was a padmini and that was around 9 years back.

tasting the Italian delight!
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Naveen,
    Hmm.. Naveen i always though Showroom folks giving out their TD cars for their customer would want them to have a DL in their hand. Very risky to allow TD for customers not having DL. Yea as if all DL holders are good drivers, but i hope and wish atleast responsible drivers. ;)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Not boasting or showing off or any thing, i think i learned driving pretty fast @ driving school. I used make my trainer take away his legs from AB pedals and stop assisting me in every thing unless its really critical scene (Made a good friend, thanks to him). So judgement and handling car are pretty OK though not as good as you guys have. But hey have high responsibility on road when i drive. My trainer always used to tell me cmon man just go, check rules, no lane discipline, don't let right side vech go first, etc. . Trainers yea? I always followed most rules known to me. ;)

So pretty much confident about driving. So next steps is to just sharpen the driving skills to max ;)
  7. @ zenwalker, learning to use clutch, brake and accelerator is just the first step.when you go out in the traffic you will get thw real taste of driving..
    When I was a kid I was very very enthusiastic about driving, but my dad never allowed me to touch the car.after few years after completing my 10 th, we had esteem then, our driver used to take me out for tuitions and stuffs, he was a very nice young chap..One day I mustered enough courage to let me drive.
    There was this newly built highway, used to drive evryday for some 5-6kms, roads used to be almost traffic less. .
    One day I took my gf(now my wife), to impress her I drove at speed which I cant mention here, there was slight elevation on the road, the car went over it, jumped and crashed into the bridge..so after all this getting rebuked from my parents was never allowed to touch the car before I was 18.
    Have been driving since then, but still theres more to learn..everyday is a new day, no one is a perfect driver, we make mistakes but learning to control them is what makes the difference..
    Hope you understand what I meant here..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Your a lucky chanp :p Yep under 18 the blood boils very high and yet we do not think of consequences.
    Already driven car in the traffic. Infact my driving classes was in the evening so did learn driving in the traffic itself. Thanks to my instructor who encouraged me to drive in traffic and drive in 30-40 speed so that i get good steering control and not panic to control car if i need to stop it or some thing.
    Already said i am highly responsible driver. And so many of my friends consider i would be coz when i sit in the riders seat next to them while they drive, i always keep saying dude follow rules, follow lane, etc. Any ways i am no where less than 25 to be showing off dude. So highly responsible and highly cautious i think ill be able to drive. Though slow but yet SAFE is highest priority. No race, no style.
    But having said that it doesnt make any good driver yet. I completely understand your point and concern and i promise myself and to you all that i shall be highly cautious and safe and responsible on road ;)
  9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Hello folks..y is Fiat's monthly sales goin on decreasing..In team bhp i saw Fiat sold only 202 units of Punto and Linea.They sold Punto 160 units And Linea just 42 untis sold all over india..Fiat is opening exclusive showrooms all over india then y is sales of Fiat cars going down..1 big mistake Fiat is doing is they r not coming up with TV ads and news papers ads that they r coming up with exclusive showrooms and service centers all over india..they r updating these info on only internet..common people still dont know that fiat's exclusive showrooms r setting up all over india..n they dont know about Fiat's brand image and the co's which it owns like ferrari,maserati,jeep,abarth,chrysler and so on..n many people still dont know that Fiat's new generation cars like punto and linea reliable,efficient,powerful n safe..plz do something Fiat..we cant see our brands sales going down month by month..Fiat is having presence in South,North bt not much in West n in East or Noth East part..
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Nadeem,
    Yes your some what right. Though alot of sales showrooms are opening up but it needs to be published all over. So as per Mr. Enrico, from 1st April onwards there will be alot of TV ads and some other media publishes too. You see, first all the facilities should be in place then you have to publish. First publishing and then making facility available is not a good option.
    So wait and watch is the good game now. Now as soon ast they launch TV ads, it surely publishes all over India and there are many showrooms still yet to open accross india. So its good to delay the AD's part.

Yep to me its sad that only few numbers are selling. Hope it picks up. Atleast if you see an year old statistics, the sales are much better from Internet, mouth to mouth though it didnt make much effect by noticeable scale.