1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re-posting from other thread,

• Fiat will work closely with Team Fiat, they will use the information provided by members on various topics to enhance the experience of ownership.
    • Palio and Uno will be serviced, but Enrico accepted the fact that it is tough to provide service/spares of older cars. He is looking forward to have old car owners to move to new generation cars. But they will continue to do their best.
    • 2013 will be year of network set-up and launch of Jeep and Abarth brand in India.
    • 2014 will be year of Fiat's new models and major facelifts.
    • 2015 and beyond will be time to localize Jeeps and penetrate the market.
    • T-Jet will be re-launched in April 2013, there will be more variants and Fiat is trying to keep pricing low to increase sales. May be there will be multiple variants of T-Jets.
    • Once the new Linea will be launched in 2014, current Linea will be called "Classics" and pricing will be reduced further. So there will be less costly Linea and there will be little costly Linea as well.
    • From 1st April 2013, we will see new Fiat India ads.
    • The call-center is getting revamped, and the experience of calling Fiat customer care will be much-much improved. May be existing owners will get calls after 1st April.
    5 people like this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    hmm.... no refreshed MJD based models atleast punto :(

But happy to hear about T-Jet style. Hope it rocks. Was there a T-Jet based hatch back too?
  3. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks Ravi for that info. But I still need to know specifically about the so called refreshed model of linea MJD[in 1st quarter of 2013] which is in schedule according to the timelines mentioned earlier in this post. The reason is I feel orphaned since my beloved 90hp left </SPAN></SPAN:mad:. I am just waiting for the reason to see what the refreshed models have in them so that I can make a decision. If there is no such refreshed in cards I can go ahead with the existing one.

Any idea whether is it because of the new T-Jet they have mentioned as refreshed?

Regards
    Gopi</SPAN>
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  4. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gopi, just wait for more month. From Apr 1st, you will more about these
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Ravi,
    Yep me too eagerly waiting to book GP. But also thinking if there will be a new GP (refreshed) by Apr. If its confirmed, then i can wait.
    Man i cant wait to go FIAT. Already spoke to Mr. Ranganath about the offers and all. Just waiting for my DL to arrive (damn RTO taking more time :( ), then immediately a TD and then go booking ;)
    1 person likes this.
  6. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    Is this why Fiat doen't seem to show any interest in selling their great product?

This is what I heard from one of my relatives who is a very senior person in the automobile industry since many years. Don't know how true it is, but seems to make sense :(

FIAT India has got the clearance from Govt to sell the engines they manufacture which are in excess of their actual requirement for FIAT to other car manufacturers. As we all know FIAT enginese are the bread and butter of FIAT India and powers some of the best selling cars in India. The FIAT vehicles as such result in a big loss to the company for each vehicle sold owing to their very huge import component. Hence FIAT India just keeps the sales of FIAT vehicles just ticking without any interest to boost sales, inspite of the fact that performance wise it is truly an amazing car! The only reason they are around is that they are making big bucks with their classic engines.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @zen - please do not take this personally. Look at this post practically.

You just learnt driving and have never driven a FIAT, ever. True, you got your DL, but that does not necessarily mean you can drive. Why this infatuation with FIAT? Buying a car is a very important and major decision for any average Indian. More so, when the decision needs to take the extended family's sentiments into consideration. How can any sensible person be so much affected by something, that one has not yet experienced? I shudder to think, what will happen, God forbid, you buy a FIAT and end up with a lemon.

All the best man, but personally I feel you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Please take this as friendly advise and do not get defensive. If you do not agree with me, that is fine. Do not worry about it.

Again, all the very best.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey KayGeeFIAT, not questioning your relative's perception, but if you see what Fiat is doing currently in India, is focusing on car sales.
    So many showrooms are opening, exclusively for Fiat cars, shows dealers are also sure about good sales in future.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Rajan Sir,

With due all respect, i respect each and every body's opinion. So same goes to you too.

Ok to the topic. As i already said i consider myself noob. So what ever and who ever gives suggestion i always accept it with an open mind unless those words are insulting way.
    As per your words, i do agree that i am no way a good driver like you guys. I might need like 6 months or more to be like you guys. Infactuation with FIAT because i have been here for the past 4-5 months reading, reading, analyzing each and every bodys views. Also have read alot else where (google) and saw many videos of the reviews too. As any consumer else where who is buying a car first time in his life he sure would depend on reviews right? Same here.

Yep i have not practically experienced. That is why i am going to take couple of TD's of different car. Around next week i am going to schedule a TD of Liva and Polo and then few TD's of FIAT GP too. My cousin has Swift and i20. Both sucks and i dont like it. In my likings of hatchbacks i had i20, swift, Liva and Polo. Off these Swift and yatch are kicked out. Chevy beat is out of the QS and same is for Micra. These never impressed me in the first look itself. So remaining is Polo and Liva. My father is kinda towards Liva coz he thinks its spacious as SUV :D That is all but he doesnt care much which car i go for. The rest of the family (Mother and granny) doesn't care which car. Even if i ask, they say you know better. So choose what ever. My mom comments on the exterior looks. Already have shown pics of you guys GP (Kedars, Shams, etc.) and she liked it.

Hope i said something sensible. Lemme ask you a QS then, what am i suppose to do? Should i not go for FIAT ATM? Should i choose some other car? I cant choose another car because i am planning to keep my first car for like atleast 5+ years. So please give me your suggestion. I am all open for it.

Thanks for your concern. Really appreciate it.

P.S: Guess you didnt make it to todays Vecto event? Didnt see you in pics.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  10. @zenwalker, punto is a car which has got no match till today, one of the best hatchback in India...what I would suggest is just take a td, take td of some other cars then compare..obviously you will like punto, but always take td of every possible option available..if you like a car you buy it, we are just there to suggest you,at the end of the day its you who will be spending your hard earned money..

LIVA looks like a SUV from inside is news to me..please see the car personally,even swift has better leg room compared to this ugly duckling..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2