1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow! This can be quoted as an example of a "Blanket Statement". Do you have facts / figures to back your claims? Sales figures of CNG cars vis a vis their petrol counter parts? (For example : Sales break up of Wagon-R Petrol vs Wagon-R CNG) Are you aware about the CNG availability issues across the country? The Petrol only i-10 and i-20 are flying off the showrooms every month. I guess even Hyundai is dumb in this regard. Oh and so is Ford for not launching the Figo in CNG trim. And how can Toyota be so dumb for not launching a CNG Liva ?

Hardly an investment to launch CNG !! Again on what basis do you say this? Have any figures? What would be the ROI of the project?

Calling someone dumb is easy. Making baseless statements is even easier.

I hope as informed, educated people we make more sensible statements.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Fiat-India is targeting to sell 20000 Linea+Punto's. Targeting sales of 100000 or 300000 of i20 or Wagon-R make no sense. Let's not compare CNG Eagon-R vs Petrol of Wagor-R instead just see at the no's of CNG Wagon-R or other CNG version. It's wise not to have a CNG model in the line up. A factory fitted CNG will definitely help them achieve this target (with such gasoline price). If people are not buying CNG model, they are installing a kit later on because as a cheaper option. It's a personal view to have a CNG or Petrol Model, hardly anything analytical/Educational in it.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    That is one of the good step Fiat is taking, First, Update the ASS team, Parts availability through their own workshop ( work in process). Then update/refresh the Car. Then try to make target of 20000/Year ( means 1700 Linea+ Punto per month).

Good move Fiat. If Fiat will work properly this figures are not impossible to reach.
  4. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Well, I think, Fiat should stop selling engines to Maruti Suzuki. It is digging potholes in the ways of Punto & Linea.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    We have discussed this to death here - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-indi...multijet-engines-maruti-now-premier-also.html

My personal take - I don't see any harm in selling engines to Maruti. Even if they hadn't, it wouldn't have made any good for Fiat (think about T-Jet lesson. None had this engine and still Fiat failed with this car). They are at least making some money by selling the engines.
    1 person likes this.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1, We can see a surge in Fiat sales numbers when COMMON public starts appreciating Fiat cars and not alone Fiat engines. We have heard enough praise for Fiat engines and in the end people end up buying Maruti or any other car. Fiat should target to change this perception among common public.

OT: Have any one noticed the new Chevy Sail sedan add? Its pretty simple, hardly lasts few secs yet very catchy !!!!!! Such small & simple things will reach out to people soon !
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Fiat needs a USP to convince people look beyond their perception. Their good handling with superior control isn't provable on paper sheets. Media & Chinese crowd (to justify their existing possession) dilute, manipulate & dis-inform potential buyers. Something so obvious & provable on sheets that media & Chinese owner's can't debunk. Fiat must bring out 875cc twin air engines in whatever specification in their upcoming small car. Tune it for FE & advertise 30 Km/ltr gasoline & more with company fitted CNG for oodles of power & torque for A seg. car. They need something that will force buyers to have a look on their own rather than reference of media or Chinese owners. If TATA-NoNo can get 25km/ltr, not a big deal for twin-air engines.

I personally think that Linea/Punto did their job pretty well. They were never expected to flying sales but FIAT is a common sight these days putting into subconscious of average buyer that a FIAT is bought! Upcoming models may leverage on this mindset with MJD-2 engines.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
    2 people like this.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

I do not understand one thing here. On the one hand, Fiat is inaugurating a spate of dealerships across the country, which is a very good thing, and on the other hand, Feb sales are worse than Hindustan Motors???:confused:
    Feb 2013 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis | Team-BHP.Excuse me for quoting from another forum.

I do not know how this is possible. Surely Fiat must be shipping stocks to these new dealers ? Or are they welcoming customers to empty showrooms and stockyards ?
    As mentioned in above posts, Fiat needs to set the media world abuzz. VW literally did that with their Vento buzzing its arrival in Times of India a couple of years ago.
    Even Nissan, with much less dealers and essentially a 2 product portfolio (Evalia and Teana dont count IMO), is doing more sales.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    9 out of 10 people who are going to buy a CAR dont know about the fiats india's new initiatives and their new dealer ship's.They dont have any media campaign and they dont know how to build the brand image.A perfect example is their Face book page,they dont reply to people's doubt about the new service centers.its people like we (fiat lovers) are replying to peoples queries in Fiat India's facebook page.its very disappointing.
    3 people like this.
  10. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    I am restlessly waiting for announcement of refreshed linea 1.3MJD which is supposed to be in first quarter of 2013. We just have 28 more days in first quarter but nothing is announced except T-Jet. Can we expect something apart from T-Jet shortly?

I would like to point out that in many cities the existing TATA-FIAT dealerships will go away by march. So I am not surprised by this. I am expecting the sales to pickup gradually from April on wards.

Regards
    Gopi