1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Sincerely hoping that Fiat does not give the cosmetics change to the 90HP and tune it up in the 3 digit mark and sell as Abarth.. :ugeek:
    But bring in the real deal inclusive of the Scorpione or Esseesse ones.. :)
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Abarth was only for Petrol?? that is what i read from from some ones post .
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    I wish they would have done this for Adventure and Palio 1.6 Sports. Atleast the owners wouldn't have been of "kitna deti hai" mentality.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  4. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Sat, this is a excerpt from the ET article, which talks about Abarth in both P and D avatar to be built in Ranjangaon plant.
    "
    "
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Some updates on Abarth

• FIAT "plans" to bring ABARTH in June 2013. However do understand that plans can get shifted. A lot of things need to fall in place (logistics, branding, manufacturing processes, testing, certification, approvals etc) before any new brand / product is launched
    • FIAT wants to localise ABARTH. But do understand that it is not possible to localise everything. Again for localization there has to be a lot of testing and validation. Localisation does bring the cost down, but for a brand like ABARTH - FIAT does not want it to happen at the cost of quality.
    • If June 2013 timeline is fixed - FIAT might import some ABARTH's. But that will drive up the costs. So that is a decision that will have to be evaluated carefully.
    • Both Petrol & Diesel options for the ABARTH are been evaluated. Do note the word that is used is evaluated.
    • The news of "ABARTH Kits" for existing owners is F-A-L-S-E. Those who are dreaming about getting such kits can stop dreaming for the time being. Nothing of such kind if being even thought about. Do note that converting a regular car to ABARTH is not that easy.
    • The Union Budget of India is scheduled to be presented at the end of this month. The budget is supposed to have some new financial regulations for the auto industry. All manufacturers, including FIAT, are not finalising any plans until the budget is out.
    12 people like this.
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I'd rather buy a new car than the abarth kit..

Are they planning diesel tooo?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
  7. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    If its for the diesel versions.... I would say the 1.6 with vgt in the punto would be amazing and an abarth racing team can be formed like the polo cup team.....
  8. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    To be frank, I was one of those guys who was dreaming of those "ABARTH kits" after reading it in some forums and was wondering on what changes would be required to be done to my car, hit on "vitamin M" etc. Good that now I can have some peaceful sleep with some better realistic dreams of a RD box and tyre upgrades;)
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    All hopes and eyes open till next month, till we hear straight from the Principals the New Models to be revealed.
    If the smaller car Hits the stand before October, It would be a like something Happening on the Streets for the FIAT's
  10. crazydriver

crazydriver

Allepy
    This is great news