1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Or perhaps they should first release couple of models to the market with MJD 2 for a while and then share it with other vendors for their cars. But that is not ethical business you see..
  2. I think FIAT has no choice but to give engines to TATA,Maruthi and others,they may not survive on just car sales.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Chances of Multijet II getting launched in India is pretty less. It needs Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel (ULSD) which is currently not available in India.
    1 person likes this.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Sat, yeah I agree. But again Maruti & Tata will have run away succes through 'DDiS 2', 'Quadrajet 2' and common man will say - 'Hey it seems Fiats have borrowed the new DDiS 2 also from Maruti' :evil:

Wait! Now we have Chevy also in the line for Fiat's engine .. Oh nooo :uh
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Untill and unless FIAT-INDIA makes it mandatory to place the sticker at the rear as (Powered by FIAT), the Common Man wont digest the fact that their Hard earned cars and running on Borrowed Engine.
    1 person likes this.
  6. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Heard like fiat is going to come up with a new Brand for low cost cars.. Read this news in internet..
  7. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    I was trying to find on WWW whether MJD II runs only on ULSD. Some forums are discussing about that but I couldn't find such dependency in their official site MultiJet II.

Can you please point to any authentic source if available?

Which engine will they are going to use in Jeep, which is bound to india?

Regards
    Gopi
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Gopi even I don't see it anywhere mentioned in FPT website. I think so as to meet Euro 5 norms MJD II cars need to be filled with Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel (EN590) & should also have a DPF . But with reference to Multijet II injectors some places they have mentioned this. Sorry if I have mentioned a wrong information.

"Use only Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel Fuel. Fiat only recommends the use of Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel (USLD) that complies with the Fuel Quality Standards Act (FQSA as at 1 January 2006) in Fiat vehicles fitted with common rail direct injection diesel engine. Using the incorrect grade diesel fuel will cause running anomalies, possibly activate warning signals and also possibly cause component damage. Consult your fuel reseller when refuelling if in doubt"
    Source :- Bio Fuels - Fuel & Ethanol Information | Fiat New Zealand
  9. girish.kn

girish.kn Amatore

Kasaragod | Udupi
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not confirmed, but should be in April-May time frame.
    1 person likes this.