1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

FCA management is a scrap. If they can't sell Punto and Linea, I'm sure they are good for nothing. I will never buy a FCA product again. And there is no question about the fact that Jeep will face the same fate no matter how many varients they bring. Sales are already falling.

2. C_S

C_S Amatore

I doubt if there is going to be a Fiat Product in Future, at least for the Indian Markets..
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 22, 2018, Original Post Date: Nov 22, 2018 ---
    https://www.rushlane.com/fiat-punto-linea-to-be-discontinued-12288421.html confirming the end of Linea and Punto

3. gpunto75

gpunto75 Regolare

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think nothing is going to happen such till BS4 norms are there, or until any official announcement. Till then we just need to enjoy and maintain our vehicles.

4. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

This is definitely strange. Now we could only hope for Tipo to be launched, if there is any willingness by FCA Management to continue the Fiat Brand.

5. gpunto75

gpunto75 Regolare

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I wonder what will be the business target of Fiat in India once the BS4 1.3 litre mjd is outdated. They have been in profits.
    Now may be the monthly sales is 40000 engines (to MSIL), 1000 compasses, and any number of fiats from the inventory.
    After 2020 I wonder what they will be eyeing. New 2.0 litre 3000 to 5000 engines to (Tata motos/MG motors/MSIL) and 1000 Jeeps? Of course the exports will add up.

6. sun4ray

sun4ray Timido

Friends,
    Knowing that Fiat may soon discontinue Punto in India, will it pose difficulty having owned a car? Will they continue providing quality service? How long?

7. sajands

sajands Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Spares and service is not an issue we all know that since last 10 years FCA has shown no interest in product refresh or launching new cars primary focus has always been Jeep.

Look at GM they came out and announced that they will be pulling the plug as a manufacture but will continue to support the existing customers as long as it takes its the same thing with Fiat as well.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 3, 2018 ---
    I hardly doubt that FCA has any interest in boosting sales or product refresh for Fiat

8. vishal_tomar

vishal_tomar Timido

vadodara
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i am able to see defaming fiat brand even in hardcore fiatians . and why not i feel me just fool to own fiat despite qualities etc.- etc. i am not businessman and could throw my car in scrap and purchase new . fiat carry same mentality to scrap cars under 5 years in Europe ,but here in India its different . i am also sincerely worry would i get spares after 4 years .

fiat is proved baseless charm

9. limraj

limraj Esperto

Trivandrum / Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Has anyone got any 'underground' links to FIAT in Pune, to know what they are really thinking about the future?

10. shathish.khanna

shathish.khanna Timido

Friends, do we have any updates on FCA future in india ? Are they really pulling the plug in EoY - 2019 ?
    Now that BS6 norms comes in, the 1.3 MJD engines sold to maruti would be out of equation.
    In this case, is FCA planning to sell only the petrol engines in India ? ( 1.2 , 1.4NA , 1.4 TJet , 1.4 Abarth , 1.4 125PS )

Being an linea user, i am anticipating some changes in the FIAT india lineup. After using linea for a long time, i couldnt find any logical upgrades on similar price band. I guess many of us would be stuck with the same question on the next upgrades for our cars.
    Also, being a frequent traveler to Europe and seeing Bravo , TIPO ( sedan / station wagen ) in flesh , I feel they should have brought atleast the sedan version here as the linea upgrade.

On a lighter note, Is there a way some of us can join the FCA management and try to promote with the next upgrades in India :)

Ideal wish-list which i can think of :
    1. Refresh the current line up with next upgrades
    2. Promote sales
    3. Improve the service centers quality and timely spares availability.