1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    I read that too! Seeing the Punto with 165 bhp, I have decided that my first car will be an Abarth!

Let's see what Abarth models will be available in the next six-seven years.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  3. Exclusive Fiat Services - The Paradox.

Fiat is currently operating in 126 cities (Tier I & Tier II) through Tata-Fiat dealerships. And taking into account multiple dealerships in Tier I cities the total dealership definitely goes close to 150+. Now Fiat has announced 120 dealerships by 2013 which will definitely include more than 1 dealership in Tier I cities. So, consumers who are from few Tier II cities who have purchased or are planning to purchase Fiat products will be left out. Isn`t it reasonable enough that Fiat, at least, provides After sales Services in the existing Tata-Fiat cities which are not going to have exclusive Fiat Showrooms, so that the existing consumers do not feel left out. This will also help Fiat in keeping the consumer base of such cities as a consumer definitely will buy from a Metro provided ASS are available within his reach.
    I think Fiat should not miss this point or else 24 Hrs RSA, warranty etc will be practically null and void in such cases, and will remain only on papers. This may also lead Fiat into legal conflict (as rightly pointed out by someone in an earlier post) in consumer court.

However I have noted that Fiat will be present in 125 cities, as announced. I am not sure what presence actually means here. If they mean service centers then its well taken. But, point is nothing has been said about the same.

Someone knowledgeable here may please throw some light on the issue.
  4. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Presence simply means, they may have ASS and ASC along with some cities we can see the Fiat Caffes. As news states that there is a chance for Exclusive Abarth showrooms (premium showroom - may be rumour).

The RSA will be handled by the ASS/ASC with some radius (say 100 KM radius) and may have tie up with local technicians of the locality for support.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  5. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    I just checked with exclusive Fiat showroom (Jubilee hills Tejaswi) last weekend about Fiat service center, they said they have identified the place near balakrishna house in jubilee hills and going to start the Fiat exclusive service center in Febrauary 2013. Not sure how far it is true just need to wait couple of months and see Fiat move in hyderabad.
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    MY understanding is that many TASCs are interested to retain FIAT servicing and may do so. This list may push up the FIAT service centres apart from the new dealerships They have started making money on servicing as there is enough no of matured cars who require paid servicing regularly.

Abdul
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I believe this exactly the plan is.
    The cities where exclusive dealers/SCs are not coming by March, will continue as it is, till the new centers come up.

Why are you mixing the RSA and service centers.
    Even if service centers are not present, RSA will continue to provide services, with help of other mechanics, in almost all cities in India.
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I have already posted about this information couple of months back. What you have heard is true and the construction is inprogress. But I am not sure about the date/month when this exclusive service center will be operational. From what I heard, it will be by the end of March or April as per reliable sources.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Source - Localised Punto Abarth coming this year | News | Autocar India
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Words highlighted in bold above + T-jet motor makes this a mouth watering deal :-D