1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  2. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    This is great, to keep the Avventura sub-brand going long enough through to the all-new cars in 2017 and 2018, one of which of course afaik will indeed be a "New Avventura".

Play only on style+touchscreen, maybe another one or 2 (worthless) gizmo-s: why not? Not that it will ADD sales numbers significantly but still media coverage, brand activity, at least something new beyond the Abarth-s for dealers, etc.
    Amit Rox likes this.
  4. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I suppose or rather hope the Renegade will make it here, say in 2018, but afaik the c-suv (near identical apparently under all visible, design skin to the Renegade, except for length) will come first (localized) in 2017?

These mules being sighted are likely for diesel powertrain testing? Most Renegades imported by FCA according to zauba.com are 2 litre diesel 9-speed automatics, so obviously or rather my logical-guess is they're for testing of the c-suv, since this powertrain would be WAY too expensive for the Renegade in India.

They will hopefully have an announcement on the renegade too, with a timeline, at the brand launch at the auto expo tomorrow? Not likely though, i imagine at best they'll speak of the c-suv, the 'make in india' exports of it, etc.

But retailing them out of select and selected FIAT dealerships is the right thing to do, imo. Because it would signal their REAL intention with JEEP is not just to sell by-definition relatively few high-end, high priced albeit high-margin CBU imports but to achieve some popular- if not quite mass-market volumes with the new, global, smaller SUV-s (c-suv, renegade, and a rumoured a-suv below the renegade).
    gpunto75 and Amit Rox like this.
  6. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot hope they have one suv in the price range of 10-15 by the year 2018. May be 500x, C-suv or renegade compact suv.
    Till then I will be enjoying my punto. Already done 6600kms in less than 3 months. I cant put into words how much I enjoy driving this car.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 2, 2016 ---
    Test mule pic.

f.jpg
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Amit Rox

Me too, very exactly!

Because i do not see myself wanting or needing in any way another car (have a new Linea t-jet) or any car for that matter, given traffic, pollution, the joys of fast, weaving urban driving i've discovered on my Vespa. i.e., an affordable and free-aesthetic-choice for almost-hobby-reasons only.

If not the 500X, then yes the renegade or even a smaller Jeep? The last is the only one likely to fit your criteria of 12-15 lakhs, am afraid, not the 500x or its dissimilar twin the Renegade. Hope Marchionne and Manley give it the go-ahead for India (they ARE discussing it.)

cheers
    gpunto75 and Amit Rox like this.
  8. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot that will serve the purpose moreover tipo is going to be there by that time as an option.
  9. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    Okay, They showcased the Avvy Urban Cross and the punto pure , then what the hell is on FEB 5?? Punto Super Abarthed??
    gpunto75 likes this.
  10. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Not Sure but Fiat is Addressing the two core issues people were complaining for long time. Better Gear (May be AT) and Reach Adjustable Steering.