1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I imagine there will be an Abarth/Abarthified further 'variant', though? Or so i 'imagine'!

@adisrini1103
  2. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    I really hope they better not embarrass themselves... Hope Mr.Flynn pulls out a rabbit...
  3. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ray of hope.
    Jeep Renegade caught testing in India.
    With this compact SUV, Fiat will be looking at exporting it to the other markets from India itself. The Ranjangaon plant is undergoing expansion and Fiat will be looking at adding more production to it once the new compact SUV is launched.
    Source
    http://motoroctane.com/news/24365-jeep-renegade-testing-in-india-exclusive
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I seriously doubt they're testing the Renegade per se: more the powertrain and other (eg, suspension) components/modules for its bigger platform mate: the c-suv.

IMO there's no chance of the Renegade being localized in India before 2018, if then. Likelier, below the c-suv, will be the sub-Renegade, emerging-markets Jeep they're considering (so said Marchionne last week).
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @gpunto75, Today, my car got sandwiched in between the test mule mentioned above by you(at rear) & JGC(in front), I could click the JGC but not the test mule. rps20160129_215708.jpg

This is the road where I have seen all the to 'be launched Jeep brand vehicles' without camouflage barring Renegade. Hence, me to suspect that the one with camouflage is Renegade.
    gpunto75, prabhjot and dadasaheb like this.
  6. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    when last week i was there at shirur I saw 2-3 such vehicles on test not from so close, but it has a good road presence.
    I thought it might be some new test mule of VW as they are testing many of their cars in the same highway locality.
    hope it will be launched next year with full localization.
    but i think fiat will test it at least for 2-3 years before launching it as per their past reputations.
    Rituraj thanks! for sharing those photos.
    Tornado, gpunto75 and prabhjot like this.
  7. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Fiat SUV on Renegade platform is going to be my next car. I think it shud be out by 2019.
    Amit Rox likes this.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Sumit, Which colour? 2015-Jeep-Renegade-Front-Right-Qaurter.jpg download.png rps20160124_162153.jpg rps20160124_162402.jpg download (1).png download (5).png download (2).png

Just checked meaning of word 'Renegade '
    noun: renegade;

person who deserts and betrays an organization, country, or set of principles.
    1. "an agent who later turns out to be a renegade"
      synonyms:traitor, defector, deserter, turncoat,betrayer

I hope Fiats don't do a' renegade 'with car fans here.
    hydrofuel and prabhjot like this.
  9. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado Red or blue
    I will buy fiat 500x or Jeep renegade.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Tornad, last three colours are good. But in my knowledge Fiat is going to build a India specific SUV on renegade platform. That is going to be my next car. I don't like the looks of renegade.
    Amit Rox likes this.