1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    No, FCA-as-a-whole is what i meant, including the 'global' Jeep-centric r&d centre in Chennai and, of course, the Ranjangaon plant jv with tata. INDIA figures on the global FCA balance-sheet as ONE consolidated-numbers entity, after all, in the end.

As for the 'New Avventura' for end-2016 in the original 5 year plan: now 2017, if then. Still unsure of what that might be, no sign of any b-suv being tested in brazil or italy or turkey, afaik, unless it is again a cross-cladded with higher GC variant of the new-punto currently being tested in Brazil. Maybe the MOBI, the small-cuv + its Adventure version, launching in Brazil soon? We'll know soon, hopefully: end jan, as i said in another post.

@tweeting_fiat
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    "Prabhjot, i remember you mentioning sometime back that of many car companies in the red, renault in India is also making losses. I saw in the newspaper a couple of day ago that Renault rolled out its millionth car from chennai , a Nissan micra. Thats a very impressive figure in a short time. It will be a dream figure for Fiat. So it means that since beginning production in 2010, a million by early 2016, they have produced an average of 1.7 lakh cars a year. With that kind of production ,mostly for export, they are well placed to recover overheads quite easily and on target costs for their models. That their models have sold limited numbers is not an issue. Renault doesnt have a problem like Fiat. The costs of producing fiat cars is pretty high as the entire overheads and marketing costs is cream topped among the 850 or so cars it sells and is just helped by the no of cars that Tata makes from the Pune plant.
    I am sure Ford has a similar story. We will see when such news comes out.

Abdul
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @jumu

yes, indeed, plus a lot of their 'losses' are notional since they, like evryone else, 'game' the tax systems around the world through 'transfer pricing'. BUT: their India-made-for-sales-in-India accounts are indeed in the deep red, so agree all analysts adjusting for export revenues and transfer pricing, and they've repeatedly themselves openly confessed to the same formally and in the business press. As have VW+Skoda, Chevy, Toyota and Honda as well.

That is why i've been insisting that an export-first approach from FIAT with the new models is a must, to add to the domestic jv via tata-models'-sales profits and the engine+amt+component-export ones they already have in a respectable amount. If not India-sales-profits, then at least India-as-large-enough-scale-export-base-with-depreciated currency ones?!

A difference between Renault-Nissan and Ford and Renault and FIAT in India (as exporters), though, would be: The former use decent sales-volumes in india to achieve scale-economies that make exports more profitable, whereas it will surelylikely be THE OPPOSITE with Fiat/Jeep in India: scale from exports will enable India-costing/pricing/sustainable-profits etc??

The REAL pioneer in such strategies-in-India is, of course, Hyundai 9with the santro, then i10, then i20, now creta. Ironically, Hyundai is cutting back on exports a lot, given their domestic co-dominance with Maruti-Suzuki. For the others, though, it is the reverse. Weakness in and weakish prospects in the future in India COMPEL exports!

That's what they're doing with the Jeep c-suv, so am sure or hopeful rather they'll be choosing models in 2017+2018 for FIAT, too, that are at least export-heavy if not fully-export-centric like Ford, Nissan and Renault too in india. Question is, for us: what exactly are those models? We'll know soon.
  4. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday there was a showcase in Bangalore for Jeeps where they displayed Jeeps. However, it happened in a very closed environment in JW Marriott. Not sure why they are not advertising in a broad way. A new brand, in fact a sale booster premium brand, you are going to lunch and absolutely no media publicity. Only fiat related forums have posted few articles, posts. Though this Jeep Products are meant for a luxury and classy buyers in society, however why not publish in a broader way specially when you are in a brand building phase. Look at Landrover, Audi, BMW, MERCEDES....you visit any auto related site and you will get their ads here n there for sure. TV ads during popular shows. It's very sad, the way they are building the image of JEEP here. Do not how many years it will take FCA to understand INDIA??
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The brand activation/branding activities will start in earnest only after the launch at the auto expo in feb, as also presumably mainly only in a first few cities/dealerships. This stuff is the 'soft' part of it (pre-launch): website, facebook etc.

btw: the locally-made Chinese Jeep Cherokee has grown its sales in China 2+times from nov 2015 (first month of launch) to december's 5700odd sales. Am sure it'll grow much further, too. And the chinese-made Jeep Renegade is undergoing its testing on-road there now, for launch in june. With 2/3 other fca localized models also launching in 2017/2018.

So: believe me, they are getting very much more active right around the world beyond the USA this year, from europe with new fiat-s and alfa-s, to brazil with several new bigger and small fiats, and new Jeeps in China....+new models in India too?!! Hope the Abarth launch and marketing (which went well enough?) in india is just the start of a long season of such stuff from FCA here: 2016 (Jeep), 2017 and 2018 (Jeep+ new Fiats). Think so!

IMO: it is not FIAT/fca that does not (these days) understand 'india'/the indian market: it is the latter that fails and willfully refuses to 'get'/to ignore FIAT. Well, if and when they follow one new launch after another (say with 6-8 month intervals) through to end-2018, perhaps it finally will??

btw, hope TFi: one or all our mods, are invited for that event at the auto expo!
    i_mysterious1 and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Punto Pure launch is scheduled on 5,Feb 2016.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  7. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Oh! That means after e - punto, g - punto & p - punto, we gonna have a 3d - punto!!!

Anyways, got to know that Pune ex showroom price of p - punto 1.2 petrol is 4.99L while the1.3 diesel would come at 5.5 L (p-punto coming in only one version) & OTR price would be Rs 6.25L

At present, e - punto 1.3 Active diesel ex showroom price is 5.90L, & OTR price is 6.8L.

Overall, p Punto petrol /diesel would cost. Rs 45 to 55 k lesser than e Punto active. (OTR Pune).
    gpunto75 likes this.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    gpunto75 and prabhjot like this.
  10. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    This is so disappointing by fiat...
    You should something new in Auto Expos.

Everyone has something for 2018's and We have something from the 2014's.

This is an absolute mistake by fiat. Besides why launch in a big level Auto Expo ?? AutocarIndia's show is there for this mini launches(re-launches should I say)

And What sort of Model will be there beside the Punto Pure?? an 80 year old Granny??
    gpunto75 likes this.