1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Spot on Bharath. You couldnt have said it better:)

Abdul
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Amit Rox likes this.
  3. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore

I don't know what it mean, but surely I will be holding off to my Linea TJET buying. I will go with Abarth Punto or wait for next iteration of the sedan. Also I cant wait till 2018 for all new lineup.
  4. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Unless the Linea-replacing sedan Autocar says FCA India is considering has assured big export prospects (which the Indian Linea has not had, and which is very unlikely, given the geography of Fiat-brand sales, and the type of vehicles Fiat sells well in other rhd countries like Japan, Australia and the UK) they maybe should not replace the Linea at all.

Fiat is most unlikely to sell even say 1200-1500 new Aegea-s or Grand Sienna-s every month, not a number that makes investment in tooling etc only for india rhd worth it at all? They could work innovatively on and with the existing Linea to eke out say double the unacceptably tiny sales it currently has: an Abarth 145 bhp t-jet Linea with ddct? MJD Linea-s with amt-s? Special editions of it too, properly- and fully-done, like or rather going-even-further than the Elegante?

And focus instead on the current Abarth and mjd Punto+Avventura, and non-Abarth 'New Punto' and 'New Avventura', and add at least one other largish crossover/suv (the 500X and/or the European/Brazilian c-suv, both twins of the 2017 India-made Jeep C-suv.) Because most or all such models would seem to have far better export possibilitites, just like the India-made Jeeps will too. And the higher-than-10-lakh-rupees sales numbers are huge now, but for CUV-s not sedans.
  6. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    @prabhjot i think they should sell sienna side by side witth linea because siena is palio based car and sold in brazil a class below linea and aegea should be the one to replace linea, there will be no abarth linea for sure, it might go like avventura with a tag powered by abarth because sometimes back i read somewhere abarth head mentioned that they want abarth for enthusiasts only and not for family type car and soon punto sale will be ceased, so linea in abarth badge dont think it will happen
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    As am buying Linea in Nov so I don't want its replacement to come any soon at least by late 2017.
  8. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Don't worry. Fiat will not disappoint you. They are too lethargic to bring a new model so quickly :)
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Amit Rox

Yeah, not before 2017, if at all. One does suspect the Linea, still a class-leading model, will linger, and may not be replaced even when it is retired 2/3 years hence. It will most likely linger in Turkey where it's the bestselling single-model, too, even after the Aegea sedan is launched.

There is a 'New Grand Sienna' scheduled for Brazil in 2016, and for India in 2017, which will either be a smaller and cheaper sedan than the Aegea, or will be the Aegea (although perhaps on the cheaper, updated Palio-platform rather the SUSW?), just as stated by the Autocar report.

Whether their all-new models are exclusively (sporty+Abarth) hatches, small and medium sized exportable CUV-s/SUV-s like the 'New Avventura', 500X etc, and not c- or d-segment sedans remains to be seen. In any case no Linea replacement before 2017, if then.

Of course, platform(s) will be the shared with the new India-made Jeeps as well, and more importantly engines will be the same t-jet (in different tunes) and the mjd (1.3 and/or 1.5 in different configurations), indefintely, including from all reports on the India-made Jeeps, so it has no bearing on your purchase this year or even next, of the Linea or of any other Fiat.
    Amit Rox likes this.
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

@ Amit Rox , may I offer that if you plan to purchase a Fiat, go for a re-vamped Avventura /Punto in Abarthified form. Not a great idea to buy a Linea now, inspite of all its merits as a design. It is clear Fiat will not equip it with the more powerful engines, for example, MJD 1.6 which it so richly deserves.
    If you do not mind the lesser boot space and high price tag, go for the S-Cross 1.6. It probably is the closest to Fiat build/design standard that a Maruti Suzuki can ever get; and why not ? S-Cross evolved from SX-4 which is nothing but a Fiat Sedici!

If you, however ,wait till 2017 and dont get the promised lineup of Fiat cars, blame @prabhjot. He is the biggest proponent of this Fiat-2017 dream:wacky:
    abhinav_nani and prabhjot like this.