1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Dr. Fixated

Dr. Fixated Novizio

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @ramjn

According to this article from June 16, 2015: "When compared with the average demand of 35 per cent for AMT cars in the country, South has registered a demand of 50 per cent or more for Maruti. It means that if Maruti had sold about a lakh units of Celerio (which offers AGS and petrol variants. Diesel has just been launched) across in the country in a year, the average demand for AMT version was 35 per cent pan-India. But in south, AMT-variants accounted for half of the total sales of Celerio in the region."

LINK:
    http://www.thehindu.com/business/Industry/south-ahead-in-sale-of-automatic-cars/article7322589.ece

Maruti sells about 20K Altos and 5K Celerios per month. So, 35%*(20K+5K) per month is about 1 Lakh AMT units per annum.
  2. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Good evening guys, glad to share with you all that,it seems Fiat India is coming out of its well known slumber regarding marketing.
    Got a call from Marvel Fiat, Erode today evening saying that people from Fiat had come and would like to meet the customers.
    I was eager and gave the consent, by around 6 pm a big group headed by Mr.Ashok ( he is from HO) came for a small video shoot, had snaps of my Linea with family members and I was also asked to speak about my ownership experience as well as differentiating factors with regard to competition.
    I pretty much spoke what we discuss in our forum and for my query regarding poor range of accessories, Mr.Ashok said their immediate aim is to make basic strong.
    He said in two months time a big Nation wide promo is going to be roled out.
    I mentioned about my membership in Team fiat and he was extremely happy.
    He said he knows our Mod Amog very well.
    Well, let's hope that this new found enthusiasm yields expected results.
  3. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Before Fiat even think of bringing an SUV in our market, Hyundai have upped the ante. the Creta ix25 looks solid in ASEAN crash test. 5 star rating in ASEAN NCAP.

From the posts it looks like they have given importance to safety and build quality with the ix25/Creta. 6 air bags in the top end. Should drive a lot of folks concerned with safety towards this car.
    Creta 4.jpg Creta 5.jpg
    bharath, Ichimaru, SOOZ_P and 3 others like this.
  4. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    http://indiaautoreport.com/fiat-india-missing-the-boat-again/
    Very detailed explanations given, one can believe many of the points made because the points are backed by facts.

I had a hearty laugh sometime ago when a old Chevy India employee(who was testing cars like Beat Diesel, Cruze new version and Tavera L2) told me that Tata is planing to buy FCA here in India completely and take over the Ranjangaon plat and Fiat will then be made in charge of locally producing top level hatchbacks(BMW X1/Merc A,B Series Competitor) and also economy sedan(Entry D segment) cars for Jaguars.
    Also he claims its the GM plant at Chandrapura Industrial Estate, Gujarat manufactures the CRDi engines and caterer to Maruti.
    I am sure that GM pays royalty to Bosch/Fiat and they produce cars for there own models but what if the Fiat story comes true, we would then have to be in the hands of Tata again !!!(NIGHTMARE)....
  5. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    ^nightmare with Tata?
    Tass is 200 percent better then the nonsense fass.
    See I left for accident repair, charged 1.6 lakhs and what is the outcome zero.
    They have not replaced the Mud flaps, wheel cover and the reason there is no stock in the Fiat, car was not washed and cleaned the interior and they have opened boot door and left the insulation outside and headlamp was not levelled and light throw was pathetic.
    Leave the above issues they are small but as they have changed the axle the car has become a dansing car now it is wobbling like hell and during the delivery service advisor informed they tested for 80 kms.
    I think then testing defnition should be reinvented for only Fass.
    I have escalated this is to everybody and when i visited today for reinspection, engineer told the woblling is happening due to bad ware and tare of the tyre and like a ediot i went for the change and costed 16600(yokohama 4 tires) but again what is the outcome zero.
    There is no change in wobbling.
    the question rises how we received the car? we were forced into the situation where they have closed the ASS and told they can't hold the car in their place because they have to vacate.
    We completely trusted their work and we drove inside the service center and didn't find the wobble.
    When I took the car next day to the office every body started to inform the wobble in the rear wheel left.
    I have decided i will never touch the Fiat cars until and less they improve their services by big margin.
    Raj_pol and dadasaheb like this.
  6. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @vista7155 , just like how you had issues with FASS, I too have faced issues with TASS back then.
    I understand your anger on Fiat but do you know how good is your Hyundai/Maruti SAs are? Not trying to speak for any Fiat Service center, in generic in India Service center at large is not at all Quality focused, just want volume volume and only volume.
  7. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    ^ I have Vista petrol and i can vouch for the quality service from Concorde.
    I faced issues when I use to go for prerana Bangalore they were just pathetic.
    I have experienced all the Fass in Bangalore it is below average.
    I am expecting atleast 1Ass to be proper but I am really frustrated by seeing the standard of the services.
    in case of Tata we have a choice to choose but Fass no hope.
    Today I saw the holdings in mysore road now they have closed the sales.
  8. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Prerna Motors are for Tata and Vecto motors are for Fiat even though both these are under same management.

Just like Tata even Fiat has 3 Authorized centers, Ebony(Aadya) motors, Vecto (Prerna)motors & KHT.
    All the above 3 dealers either do pathetic work or even have surprised many with very good quality service its in consistent.

I have been doing my service with Vecto (Prerna) for half a decade(since 2010), even though I've had very pathetic quality of work, I have even good some amazing tales of excellent service and I have rated 8/10 like 2 times.

It's difficult to conclude with 1/2 experience with these Authorized Service dealers , as a matter you might not believe in B'lore Ebony Motors have good overall highest ratings for Service through Customer ratings, don't ask me how but they have pulled in and now there volumes are 3 times more than what they used to have when they started as Aadya motors.
    vista7155 likes this.
  9. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
  10. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Went to a FIAT showroom today to find out offers for July.
    While speaking to the SA (who was an intern) , came to know that LINEA Classic from July end will be functional as a COOL CAB (i.e. blue and sliver cabs).
    Now I know that this news had come up earlier too about Linea Classic as a taxi , also saw a few lineas with yellow plates , so though it would be a few more lineas with yellow plates. But he showed me a pic captured on his phone ( iPhone 6 :O ) with lineas with blue and silver paint.