1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @ThePunter

Thanks for posting it.

Cannot conclude anything about India launches from this, though, since FCA India is a major r&d technical base for FCA globally, especially for Jeep.

Ours is to wait and watch, still, at least till the AutoExpo in feb next year, am fearing.
  2. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

I guess it may be for exports only for now.
  4. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    OK. Here are the pics of the test mule, 1.4 Punto T Jet spotted yesterday. It is not coming anytime before March next year. It will be supposedly tuned at approx. 105bhp and at 185NM torque at 2200 rpm. The turbo is different from the present T Jet. Had a brief word with the test engineers from FCA, who were very busy with the big analyzer in the rear seat of the car. Serious stuff and true stuff. All 4 wheels get disks, much larger than the existing Punto.

They have been doing extensive road tests, and travelled on hills, plains and deserts. Look at all the sensors.....! At least 30-40 of them connected to the central analyzer. There is one on the roof, another at the exhaust, and many others, here and there, not visible in the pics.

IMG_20150506_130120963.jpg

View attachment 79478

View attachment 79479

IMG_20150506_130045769.jpg
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
  5. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    What?? 105 HP??? that is not even any difference from 90 HP....
  6. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    look at the torque figures @adisrini1103
    Morre than enough. Its more than competition. At 135 bhp they would have killed Linea TJET which anyway sells less. Secondly they would have killed Abarth Punto even before it was launched. Any if they bought the 160 bhp version for abarth Punto they would have killed 500. This is what I was thinking and it seems Fiat is going the right way by giving options at each level. At least this gives them a chance to sell all their products. A 135 bhp Punto evo would have killed rest all Products.
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  7. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    i dont see how fiat's market will be dead more than the current state.....i dont see polo gt cannibalizing the vento
    it is just people's requirements, if they want a sedan they will go for a sedan, just for the space and the boot.

Take this if Fiat need to sell more of it kids.. it needs to make some buzz. and only a 135 hp can give that buzz that fiat produce perfomance cars... now people will just say it's the same as the polo GT TSI.. and go for that and chuck punto from their list for no reason.... only a 135 hp number will do the trick.... be it the same 90 hp with different tune under the hood... it's just the number that can create buzz
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @adisrini1103 Can you tell me one manufacturer where a sedan sibling has lesser power than its hatchback counterpart. With Abarth Fiat will be the first one to do so. Besides if Evo and abarth both have 135 bhp engines how many will buy Abarth. I guess differentiation is required and hence Fiat is doing so.
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The driving pleasure and lots of other variables are important. It will have its torque benefits out of the box. It has to be great on the FE front too. I can see crowd puller for the petrol heads; atleast a clear recognition of this option while buying a petrol hatch.

@puntophile two pics have not uploaded right it seems. Please recheck and upload them as well. Thanks for the info.
    prabhjot likes this.