1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    http://www.allpar.com/forums/threads/fiat-china-ottimo-cross.160480/

Who knows about costing, and about the Ranjangaon plant's ongoing investments and capacity-building but could/should FCA India be looking at CKD versions of the Fiat Viaggio and Ottimo Cross from China, with Indian made engine+transmissions (t-jet for sure, at least, but maybe also 1.6 mjd when it comes in 2016)?

The Chinese CKD kits would be cheap, won't they?, cheaper certainly than kits for say the 500X from Europe, and in any case the t-jet is exported from here to China for use on their Viaggio and Ottimo, isn't it?

And so, in the long interval before the 2016/17 Indian made small-Jeep exports and/or the Fiat b-suv in their plan, could they not launch these cars here? They should be able to price them well below the Skoda Octavia, VW Jetta and the Corolla too, more like the Elantra or Fluence, maybe lower? Low risk, and catch upgraders from the Linea, and of course brand-confidence building?

The Ottimo is a BIG hatch, and the cross version, though not nearly as pure-in-shape as the Avventura, could easily go up against the XUV500? Albeit only in petrol t-jet guise?
  2. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    I am starting to hate fiat, It keeps giving gorgeous alloy wheel designs to other countries , like the one in the link.. and we get the crappy ones (but still looks good though - speciality of fiat - no such thing as bad designs)

I agree @prabhjot what you mentioned is a pretty efficient idea

bring to 500x to any one of the two countries make half of the vehicle make other half or engine, do both way CKD costs equal in both places and can be priced quite competitive here

as for viaggio/ottimo/dodge dart bringing that will surely improve confidence (especially with the dodge darts rear -strip like- lights-- amazingly gorgeous)

same way they could do a 50:50 ckd idea but mainly we need the DCT (or fiat version of DSG) price it around 13 - 15 lakhs

same way the Ottimo Cross can take on the upcoming ix25

i think if they could chuck the 1.2 and bring the 0.9 twin air 90HP engine for the punto and linea and keep them forever for the enthusiasts who cannot afford a viaggio/Dart

AM I DREAMING TOO MUCH??
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @adsrini1103

NO! You are not. Except for the bit about the twin-air, imo. Although it sure feels like I am!:p;)

Whatever they do, there'll be A LOT of action from FCA in 2016, starting perhaps from the AutoExpo. Through 2017, into 2018. Of course the t-jet Evo+Avventura later this year.

Question is: how much of that, if any, will truly be under the sign of 'Fiat', as opposed to 'Jeep'?

Perhaps they will try to synchronize with the roll-out of more locally-made models in China, where the new Cherokee and the Renegade + the 500X are scheduled for production between the end of this year and 2018, as per their china-plan of a couple of months ago. That way they can REALLY have a super-efficient and low-cost supply chain, engines and transmissions, esp, made here, the rest from there?:watching:
  4. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    There are many segments in passenger automotive industry which still not being explored fully. There is lot of scope in mini SUV, Midsize SUV, and Midsize crossover. I would say still there is lot of scope in MPV segment (mini & Midsize both). But fiat is concentrating on Performance Cars(Abarth), actually it is great but they should launch some other cars in different segments also, which will enhanced their image in India.
    After all Time Is Money
    dadasaheb, Raj_pol and asimpleson like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Saket Sidana

The Abarth 500 is being launched this month, or so report one or two websites. Which is great, given that the Abarth Evo and/or Avventura will follow around Diwali? The question, as ever, will be about the type and the scale of the marketing. It is rumoured that ckd operations of it may be done? Rumoured. Let' see.

I'd personally love for FCA to move over totally into ckd-with-partial-localization (esp of engines and transmissions) of the entire 500 line-up (500, 500L, 500X, 500Living, the upcoming 5-door 500 hatch, etc) in both Fiat and Abarth forms (if any). Do a Mini, except at prices of say 12 to 18 lakhs.

As far as 'all new' cars go, that is. No point trying to expensively localize these cars: sales will never justify the investment. And as cbu-s, sales will hardly happen at all.

Except for the promised Fiat/Jeep b-suv (below 500X/Renegade) in their India 5 year plan (to which they've stuck pretty firmly, as promised, more or less). That car would be class-best with the t-jet and the 1.5 mjd, and could be exported in large numbers, so localization would make commercial sense.
  6. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Fiat India will be launching its own merchandise online for Evo and Avventura soon ranging from Glass tops to Car cover/Jackets. Shall post the screen shots taken.
    prabhjot and sandipan_r15 like this.
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Prabhjot,I see a ray a light in the form of 1.6 mjd IN MS Across.This may give FIAT the scale of economics to place it under the hood of LINEA.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    They cannot. If they do, that would take the cost beyond 12L or 13L and would make it difficult to compete with the Ecosport.
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  9. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    WP_20150428_15_37_55_Pro.jpg WP_20150428_15_39_52_Pro.jpg WP_20150428_15_38_49_Pro.jpg WP_20150428_15_38_10_Pro.jpg WP_20150428_15_37_55_Pro.jpg WP_20150428_15_39_06_Pro.jpg WP_20150428_15_39_52_Pro.jpg WP_20150428_15_40_04_Pro.jpg

Fiat India is planning to make these available on its website shortly.

WP_20150428_15_39_15_Pro.jpg
    Blue Bird, varoon9999 and prabhjot like this.
  10. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I was in Poland last week and saw too many beauties from Fiat one was fiat bravo which is bit bigger than punto and it was a looker, there were sedan's and SUV too... Above that there were too many Alfa Romeo's as well.. But for a change, just saw three swift and one sx4. Wish fiat can bring cars like bravo so it can be a replacement for my punto...
    asimpleson, varoon9999 and prabhjot like this.