1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    There is debate going to ban manufacturing of Diesel Engines for small cars and SUV for environmental reasons, i think this is the golden opportunity for FIAT to introduce MultiAir engines in India. I feel in India there ll be similar strategy for Diesel like Europe. Either Diesel Engines will be heavily Taxed or The rate for private cars will be higher for diesel or private diesel cars will be banned totally.

So there is definite chance for FIAT to bring World Class Petrol MultiAir to India and of course with some new cars.:happy:
    asimpleson likes this.
  2. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Well I just have to say why we need Fiat to sell like MS. Is there any need they should sell so huge numbers just to grab more area in sales pie chart.

FIAT provides many features for the price they charge. Who in the segment has automatic headlights and auto wipers? It is such a relief then key less entry and drls.

More over the driving pleasure it provides is better in many ways and there are very few competitors near.

We should praise that despite of low sales Fiat is not compromising with quality and MS despite of huge sales are providing tin boxes and vobbling carts.

Till the time people understands what car should be like its not wise to launch more models and get no acknowledgement or customers.

People here see resale value before buy is not a welcoming approach.

These are just my view point and satisfaction after owning such a machine. I have MS, Hyundai also after owning Fiat they are now no more fun. (Respect to all opinions)
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @himanshu4886, Fiat should offer massive discounts and free counseling to customers who suffered during the UPS days, there is not much they can do there to redeem themselves. The whole idea behind it to do well in terms of car sales is also to manage to keep those dealerships and consequently the SCs alive to service present and future stock of Fiats some minorities like us will keep buying. The sudden stalling of services and spares is painful to say the least. Therefore their commitment to newer models and mass-market vehicles is a must at-least in my book. Even tie-ups with chain service providers will have its huge down-sides.
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  4. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    From my end I understand Fiat is doing its efforts in providing huge discounts on their products and offering them in less than their manufacturing costs.

It is providing best in class warranty though their products are of good quality. Here the lack is from dealers who are not playing their part well.

For new product line, I try to keep my view with an instance : if a kid is not liking Dairy milk there is no point in providing him Bournville. It is definite that he is not going to like it.

The products already in market are actually very competitive to rivalry companies but dealers are not even bother to attened their customer well.

Fiat is having bad face because of dealers but not because their products are bad. Their have brilliant products but it is not the dealers who are realizing it.

How can competitors be top seller despite of pity discounts and long waiting? They are claiming their products as cheap to maintain. Of course they are cheap to maintain as 90% of the public purchasing them are not regular users of their cars. (Standing in garage resting will not invite any maintenance for sure, also lower grade tyres and low grade parts are bound to be cheaper.)

The success of Fiat is having its "heart" under more than 8 hoods is the real success as "intel" in all the computer machines.

People who want Real CAR should know and understand this difference. Dealers should make people aware. But it is our nature, mentality that we take what is already running in market is best and getting biased with what MASS has.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The Evo+Avventura are coming with t-jet, whether branded as Fiats, Fiat Abarths (co-branded), or just Abarths. Possibly in 2 states of engine tune. Great, but here's an idea that seems to me to possibly be viable from a costing/pricing AND a branding/promotional point of view.

Fiat should think about a totally spartan, 'rally style', Fiat Evo t-jet: take out the nvh material, take out most equipment other than ac controls, get rid of all chrome bits, no blue and me, maybe not even mycar MID. No power windows? Harder, tougher but cheaper and more colourful plastics in places, too. No fog-lamps. Possibly black rather than body-coloured bumpers/wing-mirrors, exposed metal or rubber sheets rather than carpetting etc. A few Rally-style decal-s, with high quality FCA sticker badging from other brands (Alfa, Jeep, Abarth, Maserati, Ram, even the old PAL badge...?) priced even below a 1.4 Fire dynamic or even lower, approaching 1.2 Fire topend price levels if possible...

Sell on spartan/rally/race styling theme, with the engine and the build+suspension (+the decals of course) being the focus. And possibly work on the exhaust-note: make it much louder! Included in advertizing for the other t-jets, including the Abarth-s which have to be more liveried, equipped, and therefore expensive/at a premium. To be sold on a Mahindra Thar or RE Classic -like basis.

No?:cool: Am I being daft or am I just a dumb fan?:D:p
    PradeepM, asimpleson and Raj_pol like this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Well anything to grab people's attention is needed at this hour. Fiat could do this or maybe bring out something on the lines of gypsy for the off-roading types. I think a very less percentage of Jeep owners too will indulge in sports or off-roading activities on a regular basis. It will end up being more a statement depending on the prices it is offered at. At best it will be appreciated for macho looks and power and built. But when you speak of 'niche' Fiat will need to up their game a lot if you see what capable the competitors are in this game. Some of them are Germans and they would lure customers from a segment lower to buy their own offerings.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not for nothing!:)
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot For once I agree with you imagine a no holds barred 135 BHP T-jet at 1.2 Fire prices. This can be insane and though it will sell only a few but folks will finally see a real sporty hatchback and not those idiotic RS themed decal works.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/04/ca...ital-showrooms-india-will-experience-centres/

The sorts of cost-cut yet potentially more effective and profitable innovations in retailing/dealerships/marketing Fiat must explore, given the fact that only Skoda has lower per-dealer sales than Fiat, in India.

+ E-commerce like Amazon, Snapdeal etc (increasingly use internet disintermediation of dealer-franchisees), increasingly focussing them away from expensive real estate (showrooms) towards inexpensive but high quality and high-margin service+spares workshops
  10. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP