1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I agree about the Caffe's. It is a unique concept and if executed well has the potential to totally change the car buying process & experience for customer's. I have never been to one till now but to build their brand they need to have touch screen kiosk's where prospective buyer's can look at Fiat range of car's abroad. In India, many people still associate Fiat with the Premier Padmini's and that's not good for the brand. They should also educate customer's about their other brand's like Alfa Romeo, Masaerati & Ferrari, maybe get a few of these car's and put them up on display. With announcement of the Jeep launch, they should be looking at displaying the Grand Cherokee at these caffe's. All these activities will help in brand building. Apart from that, they need to make car buying a fun experience. Do away the extremely business like approach that we see at normal dealership's and present the caffe's as a friendly place where you go to buy a car but eventually end up not only buying a car but also having a lot of fun and making friends. The sales consultant's and hostesses should be very friendly.

Anyhow, enough of my silly attempts at trying to be a marketing & branding expert :).

Absolutely agree :).
    4 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is what exactly they have in their agenda if you read their press release, amit.

- Part of the dealer experience will include Fiat Caffe, which will offer customers the opportunity to learn about FIAT’s heritage and also showcase technological innovations from the Fiat Group portfolio across the world.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So true, and putting some ideas for good business is always good. You never know, one of these steps might change the fortune of Fiat in India.

@amit, we must try to introduce you to Fiat marketing guy (during our factory visit), he/she needs some lessons from you :).
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  4. dharmesh

dharmesh

mumbai
    Although I own FIAT Punto over a year now, but it was just few months back that I knew Ferrari was owned by FIAT. Stupid me. And if same I tell to anyone, they are shocked and surprised to what they are hearing. FIAT owns Ferrari!!! :eek:
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
  5. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    you haven't observed the f1 car closely ;)
    fiat-ferrari-formula-1-f1-car-2441-2903-2.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
    3 people like this.
  6. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    What you are talking about is a S.D.E Small diesel engine that is compact, powerful, contemporary, fuel efficient and proven unit. As Gurjinder rightly said, diesels need to be worked well and not be abused, which goes without saying that 3000RPM for 120kph is a well accepted figure for the engine size & configuration for which it is designed to work for. If you need a more powerful engine, there are other options availabel in the market.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    This news is from the horses mouth. Mr ravi bhatia told that a new variant of punto is expected soon. It would be called punto adventure. on asking what would be the changes, he told me it will be on the lines of polo cross
    5 people like this.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    How soon is "soon"? If it comes in the next 2-3 months, I fear that will be my next car :)
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Why is it being compared with Polo cross? Do they fear to correlate with their own Palio Adventure?

volkswagen-polo-cross-05.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  10. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    May be to counter the Polo 1.6 (tuned Vento Engine), the new Punto Adventure may come out. The 1.6 is planned with 103 BHP (VW launches it to counter 90 HP Punto, LOL) and so the adventure will counter it in that segment (or racing tuned first Abarth model coming to roads in name of Punto Adventure?)