1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    They should really do some homework before making such statements. Fiat is notorious all over the world for having poor quality of dealership's and service back up's. If that is what they want to replicate then are they planning to make things worse?!
  2. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    ABARTH punto at 11 Lakhs would be a good position to place it. Something above the 13L price bracket would drive the enthusiast to a Skoda Laura RS which is priced at 13.

The 500 Abarth should be something close to 14 for an enthusiast to take the risk. The marketing has to be strong enough to hold the brand name high. Abarth commends respect in the enthusiast arena but it should be able to stand out. Anyways if the pricing is right then Abarth is my next car.
    2 people like this.
  3. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Fiat need one popular model in the small car segment, I am really waiting for the 'super hit' model to be released.. Fiat has to maintain right balance between enthusiasts models and popular models.. I think they are now moving in the right direction
    2 people like this.
  4. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    cant agree more with fiat fan.

lets wait for the magic to begin!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If this is the case, I am wondering how Fiat is able to sell even single vehicle?:confused.
    If dealership and service is so bad, worldwide, however nice cars Fiat can produce, the company would have closed long back.
    1 person likes this.
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Haven't we bought Fiat's knowing their service, spares and dealership problems? :)

Don't shoot the messenger Ravi, I am just telling you the fact's. Go to any international website & you will see the results and reviews for yourself.

As much as that is true, it is also true that owner's all over the world talk about an emotional connect with Fiat's in a way that no other brand has been able to rival. Maybe that answer's your question how Fiat is able to sell despite having poor service back up's all over the world. Its not just in India that people say Fiat car's are among the best but it's the service that fails them. Now just think what all Fiat could achieve globally if they sorted out this thorn in their heels.

Another company having this problem is Peugeot. They are flamed in Europe for having pretty unreliable car's with poor service standard's yet they sell, don't they?
    2 people like this.
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree with your points amit, and thats why I wonder why they sell.
    If the buying and owning experience would be so bad, believe me emotional connect will loose soon. I think there must be some other reasons as well.

I was not aware before I bought :), and I, personally, don't believe yet, because all of above experience in last 3+ years is just in reverse.
    But i know most of the owners already were knowing this and bought again, and this makes me more confused.

I know this topic can't end.

Back to topic - Seems "Small Car" debut is not clear yet, so looks in 2013 also there will not be much in first half, till Jeep lands here.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    2 people like this.
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I think small car should come only after Fiat has all their dealerships and infrastructure for service & spares in place. If they are planning to take the fight to Maurti & Hyundai then they better be armed with all the weapons before launching the assault. The small car is a totally different ball game and though I highly doubt Fiat's ability to pull it off, I just hope they succeed.

They need to understand the psyche of the small car or first time car buyer. The dynamic's that their car's excel in will not be noticed by these owner's. Many of them are a bit timid in their approach and prefer to play safe. Hence, the Alto rules in this segment. Even Eon finds the going tough when compared to Alto! They also need to understand that a happy small car owner will upgrade to a Punto , Linea or Jeep eventually.
    2 people like this.
  9. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very true, and I believe thats what Fiat is trying to do.
    If you watch the video, they are trying to address the specific issues -
    1. Trying to change brand perception, Caffe is one of them - It seems waste of money as of now, but combined with other efforts, this could be a unique experience for buyers.
    2. Buying Experience - So many complained Tata SAs tries to push Tata cars, Fiat is setting-up independent dealerships, apart from Caffe.
    3. Service Experience - Since many owners are not happy to share the service stations, with Tata, for various reasons, they are setting independent SCs.
    4. Spares Stock - Though this is certainly rumors, except initial few months, most of the spares are readily available most of the time. But to improve they are going to use Mopar service.

Now if you see all the major points, they are trying to resolve one by one. What will happen, no body knows, but we must appreciate their effort at-least, even if we are skeptic about the results.
    4 people like this.
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    For Brand building bring the below after 2015.

Discover the all new 2013 Maserati Quattroporte on dedicated website: Maserati Quattroporte