1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Anand

Anand Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Major cost of vehicle is with engine. We need to thank Maruthi and Tata for buying FIAT engines, else Punto cannot be affordable for normal person if they import 1.3MJD engines. Same strategy FIAT is following for 1.6 and 2.0. If they import and keep them on Fiat vehicles alone either they need to sell vehicles for loss or increase prices. Doing localization with Fiat volumes is impossible I am sure none of the Indain suppliers will respond. No doubt India is going to become Automobile HUB in cmg years. Only GOD knows how Fiat is going to utilize Indian facilities. especially European's decisions will not be faster and with out profit they will not invest any thing unless you are entering for first time Ex: Bharat Benz. If my guess is correct Fiat should have already started working on complete make over of Linea and Punto specific for Indian market for future survival.

Not only Fiat all other OEM's are behind china with Luxury brands. In China educated people prefers European or American brand and people on country side will go for cheap cars. In China market is more diversified and not like India where people will stick to specific cars.
    Indians will always first think about future rather than thinking on risks involved for future. best example is enquiring about re-sale before buying a car:banghead:
  2. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    I think Fiat India shud launch a compact SUV and a MPV. That's two hot categories in India at the moment.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Motorbeam reports, claiming to have been there at Lavasa, of a major Fiat India official conclave/closed-door internal meet. Designed to brainstorm about a new plan after Nagesh's exit, led by Pablo Rossi, md of FCA South Korea, interim-md of Fiat/FCA India.

They are headlining it as 'all plans including Abarth, new dealership expansion, and Jeep launches on hold'.

As usual with internet journalism: cannot make out how much is speculation/conjecture and how much properly sourced information.

They're claiming the Evo + Avventura t-jet launches are baked-in for sure, however.

Who knows, though, yet? Hope they crystallize DECISIONS, facing up to the brutal facts about the brand and their management/promotion of it in this tough tough marketplace, and publicly announce fresh commitments, time-lines as well determinations, in detail, SOON.

And how FCA India fits into FCA's larger APAC plan, which as I posted a few days ago, seems to centre on Jeep and later Alfa in China/Asean/Japan/Korea/Australia rather than Fiat in India.

Especially important will be announcements, and they need to be public about this rather than let pessimistic/cynical/deprecatory speculation run riot as it usually does with Fiat in India as Fiat dawdles and is tentative, about: (a) Jeep (b) the Ranjangaon JV's manufacturing expansion plan with Tata and for Jeep CKD/localization and for the 1.6 and 2l mjd-s manufacture, and (c) how they intend to re-position and revivify the Fiat brand in this harsh, unforgiving marketplace, short of all-new launches, which are surely a year and a half years away, if that.

Let's see. It is to me a great and welcome sign that Nagesh is gone (whatever his innocence and appreciable contributions) and that FCA apac under Mike Manley who is also the head of the Jeep brand globally including the US, is taking greater charge.

Assuming that is what this conclave-business signifies. Greater gravity and commitment (and resources?) to face up to the very difficult facts of this car bazaar. Or so I/we hope/wish!

Let's see. Am eager to hear what they come up with, specifically and not vaguely or evasively like VW India or Chevy India, for eg.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 26, 2015 ---
    OT, but very related and relevant:

FCA's global sales volume was about 4.75 million for 2014, up 7% over 2013, by far the largest sales increase of any major car company. The next best being Toyota at 4%. Asia-Pac (including India) sales up a lot too, albeit off a low base. Europe/Middle East slightly up. LatAm down though. BUT US+Canada up hugely.

Globally: most of the sales growth outside of the US is attributable to Jeep.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    limraj, bharath and GirishRaghu like this.
  4. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut

Then what about T-Jet engine. Isn't it affordable? I dont think sharing of engines does benefit Fiat in it's brand building process.
  5. Anand

Anand Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Of course it is difficult to keep this price if Fiat is importing T-jet engines. Fiat has supplier base for these engines in India and exporting engine components to China. In china most of the Fiat models uses T-jet engines.

What turn around Fiat is having by keeping T-jet to Fiat itself. How many Linea's T-jets Fiat is selling in India.
  6. Ahmed Mubeen

Ahmed Mubeen Timido

chennai
    chennai
    Linea 1.3
    AS PER AUTOCAR BLOOMBERG THERE WILL BE TWO NEW ADDITIONS AS A PART OF FIATS FORTHCOMING PLANS
    AA) T JET ON A FIAT PUNTO - WILL BE KNOWN AS ABARTH
    BB) TJET ON AVVENTURA
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    "Punto tjet will be known as Abarth" was neither mentioned in the tv show nor in their official article! Can you post the link where this is mentioned?
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  9. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    In my simple conception, if FIAT needs to come up in the market, it has to upgrade the engine power of each car else with same engine but with lot more cosmetics and packages like interior and features (which I think 80% of the car buyer now look for).
    On the other side if FIAT needs lime-light it has to do something off beat, after listening to Obama's speech regarding cutting down of Carbon Pollution. I think it's high time FIAT launches a Hybrid car/variant between 15-20 lks range... where Tesla declared all there Patent as open source. I think this year FIAT has to diversify there business strategy to continue sustaining in the market. Else after 2-3 years we will be re-grating like HM owners.
    Raj_pol and dadasaheb like this.
  10. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    A T-jet engine & Gearbox with Grande Punto exterior with Evo's interior is was I wish. Make it unique.