1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip They have been advertising it on several tv channels for the last 2 weeks. I've seen it a few times, and so have a few friends and family. So, I believe even cynical-about-Fiat you ought to be charitable and concede that the marketing quantity AND quality has been half-decent! ;)

The car will sell 400-600 a month steadily, thanks to that marketing, I am hoping confidently, which is not bad for Fiat in this market (refer to, and consider, the arguments in the sales thread), and especially not bad for a car 'that is just a Punto'. And: It actually IS better than the Ecosport at a lot, besides just design and pricing.
  2. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @prabhjot agree that Avvy has been advertised decently on television but still many folks aren't aware of it. What I feel is that FIAT should also start advertising products through leading newspapers (at least a half page ad). Also I was quite impressed with the way FIAT organized cyclothon in B'lore, such promotions in major cities will definitely create awareness of FIAT products among junta.
    prabhjot and zenwalker like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Whatever they do or fail to: this the world's toughest weird-nut of a mass market to crack, that's for sure. If Fiat advertises: folks will see the ads, perhaps like them, and often like/love the cars...and still proceed to NOT buy or reccommend them. The 2-3 Japs and the Korean have a vice-like grip on at least 70% + of the market, BEFORE AND IRRESPECTIVE of what specific virtues and novelties their new models offer. And before and irrespective of what qualities firms like Fiat, Skoda, Renault, Chevy, Nissan or even VW offer up with their cars, their advertising and their sales+service set-ups.
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    These all are excuses IMHO, if you are in Indian market you should be launching india specific products which the sheeps in herd will like and be attracted to it. all others products are failed many of them are from east asians.
    Imagine if Ford can have the success of all their products at a time ? their would not be any losses for them.
    old fiesta, figo, ecosport if all are doing well at one time then they would have been the next hyundai. but they failed in the managemnt.
    which Hyundai is executing in very good manner to compete with maruti.
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    limraj likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Who knows if that was the gateway to bring 1.6mjd in india for FIAT cars and FIAT was waiting for this moment ;)
    prabhjot and dadasaheb like this.
  7. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Ganges probably, but then if there is no difference between the Maruti and the Fiat's folks will never buy the Fiat and every one in India knows that Maruti makes their own diesel engines :p . You might as well convince the Taliban to shun violence before an MS fan will admit Suzuki cannot even manufacture their own engines.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip

Methinks your 75 a month figure is a bit niggardly about the sales prospects of Jeep here.

The C-SUV to go up against the Fortuner at 20-15 lakhs, India-manufactured and localized (as Autocar reported based on sources a couple of weeks ago) can hope to sell that much on its own AT A VERY GREAT MINIMUM. (All else, esp advertising and equipment levels, being equal). Why? Because it will convert BOTH upgraders (like yourself) and downgraders (like my Dad and another relative who have the budget but) who find a Fortuner crude, and an Audi Q3 or Merc GLA or BMW X1 too puny/poor vfm.

CKD Grand Cherokee and CKD Cherokee should shift a dozen or two a month, IF the price differential of these cars vis-a-vis the Germans and Land Rover is similar to other markets.

Now, if they further commit to the Renegade too (same engines, transmissions and suspension architecture as the C-SUV, localized remember) at say 14-15 lakhs (Autocar speculated about 11-12 lakhs a few months ago, that would seem impossible): that should plausibly be another 75 right there, speaking bare minimums here.

Now, if the margins on the Evo and the Linea are vanishingly small after discounts, seems to me that even 170-200 Jeeps a month are worth a 1000 Linea-s in this marketplace. At a minimum, all else esp brand communication being equal.

Pretty awesome business case for Fiat in India then, I'd say.

The only caveat being that localized manufacture of the C-Suv and the Renegade (and/or Fiat 500X, their close sibling) is viable ONLY if they are able to export many times the India sales numbers to right hand drive markets. Plausible, too, that: since there's huge demand for Jeeps in Australia, Japan, parts of the Middle-East and increasingly the UK, which there never was for India-made Punto-s and Linea-s in the past.

Just riffing, playing, don't have the data or the market research: but I'd say betting on the whole Jeep line-up (barring CBU Wrangler) from the smaller Renegade (localized) to the colossal feature-saturated Grand Cherokee (CKD) makes redemptive-for-Fiat-in-India sense. No?
    VIJENDRA SINGH and acechip like this.
  9. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    Hi Guys,

Do we have any new version of Linea scheduled to launch. Today morning around 9:15 am in my society(Rose Icon, Pimple Saudagar, Pune), I saw the camouflaged linea. Its rear and front part was masked. I was not able take any pictures as it start moving out before I could reach to it. The way it accelerated, it seems to be a tjet engine.
    VIJENDRA SINGH and prabhjot like this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Very interesting, very! Thanks. :)

Who knows? But we now have good reason to (vainly?) start hoping for a new-new 2015 Linea (version)!:p