1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Future Plans

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Unbelievable man, unbelievable. But if FIAT manage to bring this with a reasonable price tag (unlike the minis) then I'll salute FIAT for taking this initiative. With manufacturers putting up squarely castrated contraptions as "Sports" models, it's time the Indian consumer was treated with a bit more respect.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I really wonder what good an Abarth product would do to FIAT's fortunes in India. Who would buy these premium offerings while the "cheaper" offerings barely sell at all. Assuming a Punto Abarth comes to India , it will easily carry premium of 1 lakh++ over the Punto Sport. The Indian market is not the UK market. People are willing to pay 30,000+ pounds there for a BMW M135i - a premium sports hatchback.

If it were to be launched in India at the same price, the first reaction of 99% would be - For 24+ lakhs buy a premium sedan ,atleast it has "presence".

If FIAT wants to do something, it must make an inroad into the mass-market segment.
    3 people like this.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    what i feel is Abarth and Jeep are mean't to increase the brand awareness amongst the crowd and get Fiat some snob value! That is a major problem with Fiat in india presently
  4. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    I think there are various reasons why people do not buy Punto Sport - Non premium interiors, lousy gearing, engine not punchy "enough" or at least the tune is such, and last but not the least, service reputation etc. If just one or two things are not upto mark, people can ignore, but if all chips are down, then how will it sell? Presently the offerings from FIAT are completely in no man's land - neither for the common man nor for the enthusiast. We are not talking here about the Porsche, Mini Cooper or some such ultra premium badges where money is no object. FIAT should put a realistic tag on Abarth at least the Punto Evo - just like it did for GTX/S10, to create a buzz else it will just remain a fringe player like others, may be even worse because it has to carry the baggage of the past. Personally I think 1lakh+ for Abarth Punto Evo over Punto Sports is peanuts and would be lapped up greedily by the enthusiast crowd.
    2 people like this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    3 people like this.
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1lakh will be too less a difference, we are talking about bhp in the order of 150+ with the MultiAir, which is a privilege only for people who are ready to spend 14lacs+ which goes all the way to the Audi A4 1.8 range in India. And mass market is not what all manufacturers target for (Fiats target is 5%), small volume players too make profits. And for Fiat India majority of their profits are from selling engines and Abarth will be a branding exercise more than market capturing.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat-Chrysler Group Unveils Roadmap for India - Press release from Fiat

- Legendary Jeep® brand to be introduced in India in 2013
    - 9 models or significantly refreshed models to be introduced by the Fiat and Jeep brand in the next few years
    - Independent Distribution Network to grow to 120 dealers by 2013

Some highlights

- Jeep vehicles will be sold via a Jeep dealer network that will leverage the service and parts support offered by an expanding Fiat dealer network.

- The company will expand its domestic production to include the new Fiat Linea classic edition and the new Fiat Punto edition.

- Part of the dealer experience will include Fiat Caffe, which will offer customers the opportunity to learn about FIAT’s heritage and also showcase technological innovations from the Fiat Group portfolio across the world.

- The service centers within these dealerships will be another important touch point for consumers, since the goal is to replicate international service standards in India.
    4 people like this.
  8. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    All this Hulla Ballu is very good and is spreading good vibes in the market. However, when will FIAT make announcement of exclusive service centers and dealers in Delhi.. Eagerly waiting for that day... Don't like to rub shoulders with the Indica cab drivers when I take my T-Jet for servicing.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In NDTV Video, Mike Manley emphasize on service and spare issues, and he mentions a name - Mopar.
    Just googled it and this seems something interesting - Mopar Parts. We might see some drastic change in service what we get.

From Wiki -
    7 people like this.
  10. macky

macky Amatore

What ever!! I was in two minds to sell my Punto or to hold it for some more time, why I wanted to sell it is because of its hard clutch and it touching 3000 rpm @120KMPH which is not so cool.. but what should i get after seeling it?? for now there is no choice..and the best part about the ownership is the warrenty claims which are hassle free. how they dont mess with that!