1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India future launches

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    True. Lets forget about the brand UNO. Panda is very much suitable for India. Our people like the tall boys. Panda with 1L MJD available at less then 5L OTR has the potential to change the prospects of Fiat in India.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Couldnt agree more....linea pulls like no other car in its segment from 3rd gear onwards.....and what is the point of having a 128 hp engine in verna when the car cant handle speeds in excess of 110 km/hr with any confidence....yes a 1.6 mjd from fiat is what we all desire..but linea is no slouch..
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    You are bang on. This is what I have been telling all along ever since I drive one.
  4. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

I second this thought.The CRDI of Verna pulls like a rocket, but after 100 the rocket of confidence in you starts flying downwards.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I tend to miss too many important things with this Fanboy attitude. This is one genuine move FIAT could think about. UNO is one greatest of the car ever from FIAT. But due to it's name, it will dig out very ghostly memories of Indian customers, More like Palio. Any car with the name Palio is destined to be a disaster in India. You name new swift as "Palio" & it's sale will take a deep dive from 20000/month to 150/month with immediate effect :mrgreen:.

Panda could be right move with twinair, 1 ltr MJD-2 & a Panda 4X4 for enthusiasts (1.3 MJD-2 or even 1.6 MJD FGT). Panda 4X4 is a very decent off roader being completely on par with Punto for highway qualities. That would help FIAT's transition from a just born baby position to a matured adult in Indian market. I think Punto/Linea are setting up a firm ground for such cars to be lauched in next 1-2 yrs if not warlier. It looks special too. The tall boy Panda looks very good against the very average looking tall cars like Ritz/Wagon - R bla bla. Good point Ramjn..!!
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  6. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    YES----PANDA should be the choice(my opinion).

panda1.jpg panda2.jpg
  7. sungoa2010

Look at the wheel arch. It match with the boxy look of the car very well. It looks very fresh.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

What are the dimensions of the Panda? I was in Europe and found the Panda to be smaller than our small cars (maybe I am mistaken but it appeared smaller than Ritz, Figo)
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  9. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Dear All,
    If Panda is launched in India,,,,,but when ???? after 2015 when FIAT-India is independent from the clutches of JV ????
    I'm dreaming about Panda4x4, to ride it effortlessly at 10,000 ft from sea level....!!!!!
    Drive Belted,
    SHAH,S A
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yep, Your observations are spot on. it's pretty much A-segment car only. More akin to Wagon R than Ritz.
    It's quite cheaper than Punto too where-ever it is sold along-with. So if it ever launches, it should start with a base variant of Ex. Rs 4 lacs in India. I suspect that the small car which FIAT was talking about could be "new Panda" only. May be they are waiting for the right moment not to waste their most potent weapon for India.

Panda: 1.58 m wide, 1.54 m high and 3.54 m long
    Ritz: Length 3715 mm, Width 1680 mm, Height 1620 mm
    Wagon-R: Length 3595 mm; Width 1475 mm; Height 1700 mm
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.