1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India future launches

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That explain itself how ignoring can a fiatian become towards vehicles other than FIAT. I have just noticed it. Thanks for the correction. It was not a Typo, in-fact i was thinking about GM's vehicle but forgot it's name::V. Sure people have every right to hate FIAT.

@Linea lover:
    Platform is more Italian with inputs from GM/OPEL. It was developed at Turin at FIAT facility. The major predecessor was FIAT B-Platform which produced vehicles like Punto (1995), Palio etc & than GM's Gamma Platform. But you would feel Punto/Linea platform much closer to Palio (FIAT B Platform) than GM's Aveo/ Suzuki's Swift/Daewoo Optra (Based on Gamma Platform).
    The best of the automobile platforms are Italians actually (Ferrari... Forgot??). During GM-FIAT-Suzuki-OPEL alliance, they decided to share for common platforms, engines & transmissions for cost savings. B-C segment platforms were derived from FIAT (Punto, Corsa, OPEL Insignia, Alfa Romeo 159, Opel Vectra).

D segment were derived/Modified from GM primarily with FIAT Inputs which bankrupted & ended the heritage of Alfa Romeo before it was revived in 2010 with Giulietta introduction. An all new C-Evo developed by FIAT exclusively.Look out for some AR's Giulietta & you will be mighty impressed.

OPEL being the subsidiary of GM, automatically had the access to everything. That's when Multijet was hacked by OPEL/GM/Suzuki, the 2nd biggest tactical error in history of automobiles ever known. The 1st biggest was when Fiat & Magnetti Marelli developed CRDI injectors & ECU's & sold the mass production rights to Cummins & Daimler. It was just to avoid the cost involved (around 500 million Dollars at that time) for mass production. They never thought in 1996, that it will become "Holy Grail" of diesel engines. So for them Bosch will produce it for FIAT vehicles for free. Today Bosch is producing for 80% of CRDI engines sold across the world. What Fools they are::pP!! Imagine, if only FIAT had the rights to CRDI today???

Fiat also used some of the petrol engines from GM termed JTS (Jet Thrust Stoichiometric) & gear boxes. I think Punto/Linea's gearboxes in India belong to GM only. Pls check it, i am not sure.They almost killed Alfa Romeo till they replaced Gear Boxes/Engines in 2009 Models.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @ENKI, it's really becoming refreshing to read your enthusiastic posts. Keep going buddy.
  3. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Agreed, keep it up :)

But yes, do consider fanboys of other companies too :p
  4. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    @Enki,i never like any fiatian the way i like you,man you are last world freak.fiat will never die with person like you,yet fact is fact.please do accept it.acceptance is end of suffering.
    Ok we can change the word underpower into adquate.
    I wish linea wears twin turbo.small one and big turbo.
    With same 1.3 mjd engine.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

No body embarrasses them like Ramjn do:boxer...!!
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thats great idea linealover. How about a small turbo and a super charger in the same 1.3? Turbo should work till 2000 rpm and there after super charger should take over :).

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Hahaha. Whats this ENKI? Can you throw more light into this? :)
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ohhh Man...!! Altis/Octavia cost so much that they almost bankrupted their masters.
    Toyota/Skoda Fan-boys will cry wolves & cursing FIAT whole night:mrgreen:...!!
  8. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    thanks ramjn.absolutely no turbo lag,stil we can drive with 1.3 mjd,i hope power can beff up to 100 ps range
    as like volvo s60 T6 employs twin turbo,mini turbo take
    care of city and big turbo take care of highway.
    Ofcourse revise the ratio of first 2 gears.
    Then ask aam athmi,turbo lag what?
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    BMW have spanked everyone else by strapping a tri-turbo setup (two exhaust driven, one electric) on their new monster of a diesel engine found in the M550d X-drive. 3litre Inline-six - 381hp 740Nm. ::D

BMW diesels FTW. happyanim.gif

But let's keep this thread for "future launches" , if any.

Cheers.
  10. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    re-launch refreshed uno or panda with 1.0 mjd
    and price it 4 lakh on-road.will sure sell like hot cake
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.