1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India future launches

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simple but effective:
    - Provide a better looking mud-flaps (existing mud-flaps spoils the beauty.. like dressed-up prince dancing with a cheap slippers)
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet

Well said Toruk!

I love the look on other Fiat drivers' face when they see my Linea (I too look at them :D). There's a feeling of belonging to the same group. This won't be possible when everyone will be driving around in a Fiat.

Don't get me wrong guys, am not against high sales of Fiat, I only want that Fiat products should not lose their quality and become like any other car.
  3. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    I am least bothered about the A.S.S...
    How often would u spend ur time in the service center??? Once in 6 months or year... So why worry abt ASS even before buying the car???

I dreamt of having a FIAT from past 7 yrs & now im a proud owner of FIAT PUNTO 1.4 Emotion Pack... :D

Im Proud to be a FIATian... :)
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Congrats. I too have a 1.4 Emotion. It is a fun to drive car.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Does Fiat plans to bring any vehicle in C+ and D segment (civic,laura...)? Now almost all manufactures has theie presence in this segment?
    Why our Fiat is not entering this segment?
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Let FIAT first set their lands in order. And precisely that's what they are doing now. Then let all the great models come to India. Let us -well wishers of FIAT- wait patiently till then. And, yes I am referring to FIAT 2012.
  7. Fiat is primarily a small car manufacturer and doesnt have a C+ or a D segment car in their global profile...there is siena which is below linea. Now with Fiat aquiring 60% shares in Chrysler (Fiat is the sole reason why chrysler survived) Fiat immediately made engine changes and cosmetic changes to the existing chrysler cars which boosted their sales and now Dodge Dart will be the first new platform/car to come out of the merger of two companies...In the comming years FIAT will use Jeep (chrysler brand) to launch their SUV range...and chrysler for sedan segments...Therefore when we see slightly modified rendition of doge dart with a FIAT logo it need not just a photo shop effort. FIAT aims to rebadge chrysler models as FIAT sedans...
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It is the same Fiat which own Alfa Romeo and Ferrari. So I don't agree that they are small car manufactures. What they have to do is to fill the gap.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Are you sure? FIAT always had Bravo/Brava/Fiat-Tipo/Fiat 131/Lancia Delta/FIAT 128 (Bravo, Tipo, Delta & 128 have been European car of the year 1996, 1989, 1986 & 1970 respectively:mrgreen:). FIAT has been selling Alfa Romeo hatchbacks/sedans (C-D class) like 156/164/159/147 (156 & 147 were European car of the Year 1998 & 2001 respectively:mrgreen:). All these cars are C-D segment hatch/Sedan. They are masterpiece engineering (though 159 failed due to a sole reason of being overtly bulky & heavy car whereas 2007 Bravo is getting outdated fast). They had C-D segments Hatch like 145/147/Brera/Spider in Alfa Romeo range. Further on the ladder from C-D onwards, FIAT's prices touch sky in the shape of Maserati/Ferrari which no mere mortal can buy.
    The real thing that FIAT has actually been lacking is Large SUVs/Cross-overs/Pick-up trucks as a whole. This big void is to be filled by Chrysler. FIAT always had sedan expertise because Sedan & hatchback are generally derived from the same platform. FIAT never intended for 3-BOX after 1980s as there is lack of market in Europe whether it's A+, B, B+, C or C+. Most of the European manufacturers avoid sedans in Europe at least. Top sellers in Europe have always been hatchbacks (Focus, A3, Golf, Punto, UNO, Panda, Fiesta, Peugeot 207/307, Citroen C3/C4) with odd sedans like Ford Mondeo. Even Toyota/Honda has sold their Civics & Corollas as hatchbacks there:p.

FIAT tailor made Linea/Siena from Punto/Palio platform for selected few countries like Turkey, India & south American countries but never for Europe. A full-hearted effort can be expected now with Big-Daddy America emerging as the most priority market for FIAT in just last 2 yrs (after acquisition of Chrysler) & Sedans are popular in US. Let's see whether they hit their competitors for a home run with Dart in April 2012;)!! Ford/GM are already pretending a nervous smile for Dart. FIAT is busy at present in filling up Chrysler/Dodge C-D segment Sedans/Hatchbacks as US is their biggest market now. Europe is 3rd priority:mrgreen: after South America being 2nd where FIAT managed 3 Million sales (with Chrysler group) in 2011. They have increased prices of their Punto'/500s/Panda's/Giulietta's as if they don't care whether EU people buy them or not. Message is clear, either buy it or move to FORD/VW:bye. We can't be taken for granted from here onwards. We have much important tasks & can't waste our time convincing Europeans "why our vehicles are best at peanuts prices". That's not a bad approach IMO as Europeans have taken them for granted actually.

It's amazing how an expensive vehicle by-default manages to communicate it's +ve sides only:).
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  10. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    The Linea is in the civic, laura segment in some other countries, our linea is stripped of functions and features, and maybe the upgraded t-jet will be in that league.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.