1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India future launches

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Right to the point.
    If things see Improvement from Manufacturer side then only there is any hope. else this blame game of ASS will lead nowhere.we have almost convinced ourselves that the ill fate is all because of poor ASS.

To quote a few.
    1.panel Gaps.
    3.very very poor quality components
    1 person likes this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Bang on Jayadev.

Why should the cars arrive at the dealer with niggles? I've experienced such a case recently and FIAT needs to put in all energy they got to ensure cars arrive niggle free and stay so.

One niggle found in a new FIAT is equivalent to a Fukushima Nuclear Plant disaster in India. The bias is such. The obituaries to FIAT come rushing in the moment a niggle is found in a new car.

So, FIAT will do themselves a big favour if they ensure a total niggle free experience for every buyer. In the case of FIAT, with low sales, even one dis-satisfied buyer is a large number for sure.

3 people like this.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If present Punto's were tuned to be road blaze'rs there are still chances.

Present offers from Fiat stable is such that one can live without all of them. like ride quality,tough built,precise steering,blue n me etc.

What needed is Fiat should come up with something irresistible like a 26kmpl FE, or 0-100 in 10sec kind of unique and unbeatable product at lower price tag.(though It is big challenge, but matter of survival too.)
    Then only it can gain some respects in the crowd.Otherwise present product is just a compromise for money pinchers as well as enthusiasts and neither of them could appreciate just a compromise.
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Jayadev, no offence to your points. However, after reading your posts on maruthi's smoking linea i could not stop commenting on one point. we could smoke most of the cars - be it petrol or diesel with a zen or 800 from the signal. They can win almost all the drag races upto 500 metres. The fun starts after that only if you agree. Any car with a proper gear ratio in the first two gears will win the drag. Also, i do not agree with your comparision of measuring 0-100 in short time. In day to day life this never happens. If you could check the mid segment powering like 50-100 or from 100-120 which happens when you drive in highway - this happens very frequently when you have to brake and then pick up or during a good overtaking - let us see who smokes whom.

I also have apprensions about Punto / Linea and their performance, but let us accept / praise where required.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Could not agree with you more on these points - jayadev. You are spot on.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Any new models lined up for launch in 2012? That would be very exciting.
  6. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Wish FIAT launches the 'sport' version of both linea and punto having both diesel and petrol engine! ;) Linea with 1.6 MJD and T-jet as sport version and Punto with 93hp MJD and 114hp t-jet! I know it's like out of this world, but just a hope! :p

Any updates on July launch???
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Dear FIAT, I don't want to gargle on A.S.S, Panel gaps & bla bla instead a nice suggestion/request. Can you consider importing abarth kits & engines for Punto's diesel & petrol with limited no's 1.6 MJD (Diesel) & 1368 (Multiair turbo)??? I think you alreadt sell diesel abarth Punto with 1.9 JTD. That will be too much so 1.6 MJD should suffice for India. Tentative figure around 50-100/month should be sufficient.

That's won't earn Billion of dollars of revenue for FIAT but they would be very helpful to change Indian customer's perception. They will be more like your brand abassadors 24X7 on Indian roads, by the people & for the people. Their knocking out first look would just make chinese car owner's scratch their head like "what the hell was that???:confused:"

That's won't cost you anything. Being 90% of the parts for Punto localized already, you can make them cost effective too. Just take orders with 1-2 months delivery period. I personally would love to trade in my Punto 90 HP for 1.6 MJD or 1368 cc multiair turbo for Rs. 9-10 lakh for that abarth scorpion shot :devilface with 17 inch carbon fished alloys & koni suspension:p!!

Yahh... one more thing. Your ASS & built quality is awesome. Don't be discouraged & degrade it for some plastic or eliminate panel gaps else lot of your customers would end up having gaps in their life spans on highways (just like other chinese-car owners).

God bless FIAT!!
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
    3 people like this.
  8. sungoa2010

Fiat, What we are asking you is not an Herculean task but as simple as tightening a bolt. When it come to design who else in this world know better than Italian.
    Bring it to the inside of your cars. Forget about your companion leaving the plant along with you. Do not sacrifice for him(her). They don't have nothing to loose but only gained because of you. We cannot tolerate others bashing you because of panel gaps and plastics although we don't get time to even look at it while we enjoy your drive. We want to see you placed where you deserve to be. Do not be over-generous. If you become generous others are becoming lazy. Give then a chance to prosper. Do you ever know the fact that your over -generosity has resulted in people equating you with those are inferior to you. Do you ever try to see your inner strength and potentials. If not please do it.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I was googling for FIAT linea 2013 & came across a couple of good renderings for next Linea. I would rate them most authentic since they are from auto forums of Brazil & Portugal. Obviously, they would be the first to know if what next gen. linea should look like. I think, Dodge dart's theme would dominate the next linea. May be with some reworked front fascia & rear (that charger like rear LEDs running over full tail width) just to distinguish it from Dart.
    But it may get expensive & may get into 9-10 ex showroom range, if it is so. Dodge Dart's Platform is too expensive to be fitted into 6-7 lakh budget car. Also it may become wider too by a mms.

Attaching for TFIians reference,
    Fiat-Marea-Novo-Linea-2013.jpg Novo-Linea-2013-2.jpg
  10. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Hey Jayadev. Do not agree with you. Lets not wish FIAT to make something for "crowd". Punto is a much better product than swift, i20 which are "crowd cars".

Let's be in minority and enjoy the exclusivity.
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.