1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India future launches

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I agree that we will lose out at signal stopping. But, definitely not on the highways.

Agreed again, Verna will cruise ahead on the straight line. But, loses out on the corners where my lovable car cruises with ease :).
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    These things doesn't attracts prospective buyer.

90 percent buyer will do TD in urban areas and will decide.

As far as I have observed lack of sales due to poor ASS is just a cover up hyped by fiat enthusiasts so that other significant drawbacks doesn't gets the contrast .

Have a look at reviews everywhere .the ASS issue shows up only in last few lines,while most of the reader will get bored by going through quarter of it.

Even myself was much much disappointed to read review of Punto 90 hp when it went on Air. There was simply nothing in it.same old Slouch with a different engine.and when did it shine? after 120kmph??..
    how many of us have chance to drive above 100kmph on our roads? how much roads do we have in India where above 70kmph is legal? -I dont have at my native.

Fiat Failed to address basics and now future launches..lol.I have been hearing about future since long time.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3

No. Not true. Anyone who inquire about my car first ask about the A.S.S and nothing else. Whom ever I suggest a Punto over i20 or Swift, they were more worried about the A.S.S. and the resale value. Even if I tell them that A.S.S. is really not an issue and I am very much fine about it, they are not ready to buy my take. It's only the enthusiasts who care about the 0-100 and the power delivery and not a normal car buyer.

4. Fabia and Polo slouch more than a Punto 75. Fab sells +1.75 K/month and Polo Sells +3K/Month. Punto sells 600 - 1000. ASS may be better in your place but not everywhere. And being a enthusiast have more tricks to handle a service engineer and that is not the case with a Non Enthusiast. Bad ASS is not a cover up buddy, it is a fact. Even if I try to convince a buyer saying the ASS is improved, the buyer would think I am biased. Fiat Enthusiast dont coverup anything, we say what is what be it good or bad.

If we dont have roads to drive at 100 kmph then why have a car which does 0 -100 in 12 secs, makes no sense. and if 70kmph is the legal then Punto is more practical. And I feel comfortable in my 90Hp overtaking a lorry than doing that in my dad's swift. This is again a fact that even swift owners would accept and not a cover up by Fiat enthusiast.
  5. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    OUT OF topic: Linea MJD manufactured in 2009, when it was launched, weighs 1291kgs! When i got, in the month of august, the specs were 1291kg, thats 1.3 ton! I suppose only the new MJD's are light weight. Definitely not the old ones!
  6. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Oh man.. Finally are we saying a Dezire will smoke a Linea..:shocked
    I have had the old MJD with 88hp and in no place or time Dezire has even managed to come close to me, be it a signal or on a highway. Even with 5 ppl on board my MJD never hesitated to do 180.. and my car was 1291 kilos.. the only trick was to use the gears in the "RIGHT" way and you have a winner.

Common folks, lets not compare a Dezire (a boring people mover) with the Linea MJD pls.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Fiat is doing the right thing by not launching any new models. bad perception about Fiat ASS needs to be wiped off ASAP which is the main problem
    FIAL is facing.

Fiat shud get its basics right - a good CEO, a good service network, gud ASS. Fiat doesnt need a 1.6 to set the sales chart on fire. i guess it will face the same fate as T-jet.
  8. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Sumit, I wouldnt completely agree. Definitely 1.6 will help boost sales a little bit with better marketing, publicity and jazzy ads like VW.

T-Jet is a market dud because of the fuel type. T-Jet with soaring petrol prices is a recipe for disaster, while the car in itself is one of the best in the segment. Getting an oil burner may not be a bad idea though.
    1 person likes this.
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    If FIAT does launch the 1.6 MJD at the current price of 1.3 MJD it would be good. The 1.6 MJD in that case would not meet the fate of the TJet as it would be the best VFM deal. As far as TJet not setting the charts on fire - it is because of improper advertising/pricing (for the common maan it is higher than the HIGH CLASS HONDA) and rising cost of petrol

Proper advertising coupled with proper pricing for the 1.6 MJD (less than all its rivals - Fiesta, Vento, Verna) could make the 1.6 MJD a success. If FIAT can get in a 3 year no service cost package it would do wonders to the 1.6 MJD
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Before Fiat does any future launches, the infrastructure in the form of their own showrooms and A.S.S has to be in place. ANy new launches without this infrastructure will meet the same fate as the current Linea and Punto.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.