1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India future launches

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Nothing will increase Fiat sales. As a brand, Fiat is dead in India and they will always be restricted to just a few customer's. Even these customer's will walk away since we can now buy comparatively priced Euro cars that give us almost the same Euroness as Fiat's. The 1.6 will manage to prolong the Linea & Punto's life. You have to walk with the market or be ready to be pushed out. I guess Fiat wants to be pushed out.

The Skoda Rapid top end with a 1.6L diesel costs just Rs.40,000 more then Linea Emotion PK. All the above problems apply to other manufacturer's as well yet they are launching their car's with 1.6L engines and selling them quite well. Car's like Vento & Verna cost more then Linea yet sell 3 times more then Linea. Clearly, neither the 1.6L capacity nor the higher cost of manufacturing the engine is a concern.

15 years of presence in a country and Fiat still doesn't have a brand image! If they don't want additional investment then be ready to get out of one of the fastest growing car markets in the world. Europe is dead, US is struggling and Fiat is focussed on it's re-entry into the US market ignoring India & China. Nice move by these Italians!

The public perception is that the car is underpowered. That seals the fate. Either educate them and remove this perception or listen to the market and give it what it wants.

About the education part. Think about this. A customer test drives the Linea and comments that it is underpowered. What do you think the sales guy does? He promptly say's 'Sir, try the Manza!' Can't blame him. Salesguy's are interested in making a sale. Oh, let me correct that statement. Salesguy's are interested in making a EASY sale. Nothing wrong with that.
    2 people like this.
  2. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

i dont think vento fails in the highway when compared with linea. its true that linea does 170 easily.... but by that time vento will give you a very good lead that is very difficult to cover up.

vento is 110 kilos lighter than linea. and also is the new verna fluidic. maybee the only cars that may fall for linea's mercy would be the new fiesta and sx4.

linea is indeed the heaviest car in the class. and the 1.6 engine is required with raised suspensions or the 16" tjet rims.... of course with some cosmetic upgrades to fall back in competition

also the investment of 1.6 engine gives way for further improvement. fiat can bring in a car to compete with laura and corolla using the same engine with a vgt( the same engine gives 320nm of torque with a vgt) that is more than sufficient for a small size luxury car. and also can compete the madness of cruze coz the max torque of cruze is 327nm @2200rpm
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i think we guys should stop speaking about what fiat should do. its falling on deaf ears. we are indeed wasting time and typing energy :)
    4 people like this.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Agreed man, the problem seems to be with the weight and lack of power. For me the punto also needs more power, the chassis is asking to push me more but alas it's tied down to rather mediocre engine. It's hard to keep with those cars with incredible straight line capabilities, only on the corners fiat cars show their true prowess. Need for the hour is a stonker of engine with refreshed interiors and not stupid gizmos which I never care for.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    +1 .
    same thought here since long time.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Fiat ASS istthe main reason for people to skip the fiat cars. I have heard this from three people.
    1. When I was about to go for Punto, one of my relative said go for Fabia since th ASS is better. During his Fabia purchase, He was told by his friend not to go for Fiat since Ass is bad though their cars are very good.
    2. My class mate is gonna take a delivery of the new swift VDI, when I suggested him a Punto, he said I hate TATA and I dont want to go to them for any reason.
    3. Yesterday, My collegue's friend was asking us to help in deciding I20 or New Swift. My collegue who owns a swift told him, after driving sridhar's punto I felt bad fo going for a swift. So go for punto. His friend listeded to us for 20 minutes of our explanation about fiat and punto and atlast he said, after selling the Car, Fiat dosent bothers to touch their own car for service and asks us to go to the worst ASS people and said "Please dont talk about Fiat anymore".
    4. I would see more people saying the same in the future. Should I stop suggesting the punto.

I was surprised to see My collegue who tried to stop me from going for punto, now is suggesting all his contacts to go for it. He drove my car for just 2 times, not a long distance and he says I dont like his one year old swift after driving mine. Last time he wanted to try some 100 + in my punto. The canal bank road was not free enough to try that. Still he managed to touch 100, but he didnt see the speedo. The speed limit buzzed. I thought he is aware of the speed. After we reached the office he was feeling so bad that he didnt go beyond 100. i told him the speed limit buzzed so you shud have gone beyond 100 for sure. He cudnt believe that for a long time. He was startled. 1 year after purchasing a swift he is like i shud have bougt a punto or i shudnt have driven my punto. Now he is suggesting a punto to his circle who r going for a new car.

Nothing above was exaggerated. Fiat shud start their own Service centers and shud let everybody know about that, else they have to close their shops.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The reason why I said that Vento fails on the highway is that this car has never able to catch me up on the highway till this date.

No. Linea is not heavier. Vento and SX4 are heavier than Linea.

Linea MJD - 1210 Kg
    Manza - 1210 Kg
    Vento - 1220 Kg
    SX4 - 1245 Kg (ZDI)

While I agree that Punto and Linea deserves more power, but it is not under powered. For the given price, its true VFM. I bought Linea MJD for 9.5L OTR. There is no other car (Vento, SX4, Verna, Fiesta) comes close to this price. Linea with 1.6 MJD will cost not less than 11 L OTR for which there will only be very few takers.

On a side note, the D Segment car Corolla Altis which weighs 1270 Kg has the heart which produces 88.4 PS and 205 NM of Torque :). No one complains about this car. Why? because of the reputation created by Toyota in India.

Linea is not selling not because of the engine. Its because of the reputation Fiat has in India.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I dont think so.

My close friend was tempted for linea t-jet,but he opted honda city only because honda had better more alluring specs ,(forget about Linea mjd.)
    Nowadays nobody talks about Linea. everybody know Hyundai verna Diesal and vento.

fiat ASS at my hometown is par with rest of the brands. sometimes better than rest (far far better than Volkswagen )

At least, First time when I thought about Linea I expected Chevrolet Cruz like features and performance just out of look of it.
    But I was shocked to learn, Even Suzuki Swift desire can smoke our Fiat linea in daily Life. gradually I totally Lost interest in it.I hope same thing happens with rest of the guys having similar taste like me.

While i was purchasing Punto 90hp Sales guys asked me why not buy Linea (maybe my gesture was like "inclined to Linea"?

My argument was If punto 90hp have everything that linea boasts of ,with same power at a a lesser price,then why should I ? for which they were speechless.

when a person goes to see a car in showroom , he do not find anything extraordinary in linea compared to rest.he will find Manza a better option with similar specs at lesser price.
    Achilles heel, Fiat has worst reputation in India( who knows when they will pack up again) and Tata is still manage able at least it is Indian and will stay ..
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Boss, its the reputation of Fiat that is still haunting them.

I disagree here again :). For your information, I have owned 90HP Punto and now owning a Linea. I am telling this again. Both cars are not Same. Linea accelerates much much better than the Punto 90HP. Turbo starts kicking in Linea from 1500 RPM onwards while in GP 90HP, it starts from 1700 RPM and its not being felt too.

A Dezire smoking Linea ??? This is news to me. At least it had never happened with my car :).
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Check it out at signal stopping for short drag races. (please don't bring road safety and manners here)

Fine, give a try with Linea diesal vs hyndai verna diesel .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.