1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India future launches

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Sumit, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No 1.3 90 HP for bravo please. 1.3 90HP is an injustice to Punto, and if the same is plonked in to Bravo then it would be a criminal injustice.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I differ .
    90hp in punto is more than enough but if they could tune engine properly (better gear ratios and an additional 6th gear).I heard in west Punto 90hp does 0-100 in 11sec...sigh!

If Fiat want to be nominated "slouch makers of the century"then bravo90hp is the way.

but I am damn sure these are just perceptions and rumors nothing truth in it.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Indian Punto is slower than the western Punto due to use of the old transmission. Hopefully Bravo shall have the 1.6 MJD with the new transmission
  4. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Fiat India is all set to launch the upgraded Punto and Linea in New Delhi on 3rd January. Its other car Bravo is not likely to come to India.

Source : Indian Autos Blog | Indian Automobile Blog | Auto News India | Car News India

Is that true??
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    yes upgraded linea and punto coming. no news of 1.6 mjd :(

but linea will get 16 inch alloys to tackle ground clearance, rain sensing wipers and some gizmos.
    1 person likes this.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Interesting mate, more than all that I think she needs more power. All this would definitely increase the price in an already crowded c segment.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Do you have any more information on the new gizmos? Any specific information on the TJet upgrades?

16 inch alloys on the MJD could mean some changes in the transmission or maybe some tuning/mapping changes (if 1.6 MJD is not coming)
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    no tuning changes and no transmission changes have yet been confirmed :( i wish they will have remaps so that old customers can do it as well.
  9. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I don't know what is Fiat's helplessness or stubbornness in not launching the 1.6 MJD but it is ONLY this 1.6L MJD that can extend the Linea and Punto's life.

They can add whatever gizmo's they want, nothing will improve Linea sales simply because the competition has moved onto 1.5 & 1.6L engines. Today, Linea is the most outdated product in terms of engine in it's segment.

Even I would rather buy a Vento 1.6L over a Linea with 16 inch alloy's , rain sensing wipers and whatever gizmo Fiat plans to load it with.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Bringing in 1.6 MJD is not really going to help Fiat increase their Sales. If this theory is to be believed, T-Jet should have been a hot seller or at least should sell 10% of the total sales Honda City manages to sell every month.

Plonking in 1.6 MJD into Linea has to undergo a lot of thought process.

- Cost Factor - The cost of the engine will increase and also the excise duty that is paid to the Government (Diesel engines enjoy a cut in Excise Duty below if the engine size is less than 1.5L). This will substantially increase the price of Linea MJD. In my opinion, the current Linea MJD is the really VFM Diesel Sedan.

- Engine Manufacturing - To manufacture the 1.6 MJD in India, Fiat may need to do some additional investment which they may not like to do at this juncture as they are fighting hard for a Brand Makeover.

Above all, in reality the current 1.3 MJD is not at all under powered. This car cruises with ease till 170 KMPH on the highway. Eventhough Vento is powered 12 PS more than that of Linea (Vento also weighs 10 Kg more than Linea) it fails in the Highway when compared with Linea's Dynamics and better steering.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.