1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India Automobile reported its best profit till date of Rs 400 crore in 2014-15

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by vinit, Aug 6, 2015.

1. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Anup, abhinav_nani, nibedk and 3 others like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    http://www.automotivemanufacturingsolutions.com/people/interview-gurpratap-boparai-fiat-india

Very interesting, and honest+to-the-point from Mr. Boparai ceo or coo(?) of fca/tata-ranjangaon india. Dated Jan 2015, though. The Jeep bits are very confirmed (in truth and reality as we speak...), i do wonder whether his authoritative promise here of a pre-decision of 1 hatch, 1 sedan and 1 suv under the Fiat brand for Ranajangaon is equally realized?

It may, and imo should be kept open, depending on how the Jeeps (and associated Tata suv-s) fare, as also depending on whether Tata will share the 'new Punto', new Avventura' and/or 'new Grand Sienna' (slightly smaller Tipo-like vehicles on an updated and lightened yet strengthened, already-Ranjangaon-implemented, 'Palio 326' platform.)

Or else, given the usual 'lead times' of 1-11/2 years at least for manufacture of all-new models and supply-chains, etc, the decision has indeed already been commited-to, as he suggests?! All-new Fiats starting in 2018, then?
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...o-maruti-tata-motors/articleshow/58491966.cms

A prediction: the 2 litre mjd2 being made now at ranjangaon for Jeep and Tata's future suv-s is likely to be taken-up by one or more OTHER car firms in india, simply for cost efficiency reasons and/or because those firms (for eg., Toyota and Mahindra) simply do not have good enough diesel engines at cost for esp the 2020 bs6 emissions and the fe regulations.

The article above claims that Ranjangaon will by 2018 be at full capacity, what with the jeeps+exports, the engines manufacture and supply, the tata nexon, and the 2 tata suv-s.

An exagerration imo, but NOT that far off?!

If so: well then there'll scarcely be any capacity for higher-volume FIAT models, now, will there, come say 2019? ;-)
  5. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Bangalore
    Higher volume FIAT models? You gotta be kidding :)
    On a serious note, I understand your point.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Of course i am! :p

I am beginning to get, slightly seriously, hopeful that FIAT will in fact recieve all-new models in India, say post-2020: but not 'mass market' ones. Instead: models like the 500X, the 500L, or say the upcoming Tipo-family c-cuv, since they share platform and powertrains with the Compass and Renegade (i.e., high localization is a given) and they are decently exportable as well to developed-country rhd markets like a post-brexit (i.e., poorer with a pound weakened relative to the euro) UK, Japan, Australia+NZ et al.

But then, ranjangaon may not have the spare capacity, if the feku-PR-hype-machine-Economic-Times 'journalist' is right in the article above, about how the 2/3 localized Jeeps, plus the Tata Nexon, Zest and the 2 Tata 2 litre mjd2 Safari-replacing suv-s, plus all those engines supplied to MarutiS will fill the plant up wholly!

@deepakhon