1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India 2013-14 Goals

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Surya, Nov 21, 2012.

What should FIAT India do to make it this time

Poll closed Feb 19, 2013.
  1. Open FIAT Exclusive Independent Dealerships

2. Open FIAT ASS in all Major metros and Cities

3. Promote new models

4. Cease FIAT Engines/technology sharing contracts to competitors

5. FIAT branding in India

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sandy.chegi

sandy.chegi Novizio

In the poll, for the third point, I believe Fiat should share their engine technology. After all, all the innovations are in market because of sharing and also made our lives easier. Also, I have a small story I read about on that:
    In a village a farmer used to get best output every year and was given the best farmer award. He was asked, what is the secret. He says, he produces best seeds and also ensures that he distributes with neighbor field owners as well.
    As expected, why sharing, for which the farmer's response was that, if my neighbor's land grows with good yield then my crop will also grow better. That is because of the pollination, birds hovering around the nearby fields.

Well some might say, neighbor farmers also should yield good crop but considering other factors like how they grow their crop, etc etc.

Infact Fiat has developed the engine in collaboration with GM. Hence, though GM uses same engine(toned down) in Beat, there is no royalty given.

When almost all engines, that's where Fiat can make their presence felt. I feel why Fiat doesn't do advertising is because, they are getting royalty for what they provide other car manufacturers. Now that their very presence is at stake, they have woken up.

With respect to other points, well our forum mates have almost covered all points.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

I voted for everything! They should just bring the the brand reputation! :)
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I have seen this as own experience counts too., there isn't much people aware of the Italian beauty or they fall in love with it by chance looking at it in a busy traffic junction or in the showroom glass window realising that its a FIAT not a TATA, Why can't FIAT put up displays of Punto/Linea models in IT parks, malls, city centers, shopping complex, busy junctions so people will get a better view and understanding of the beauty and could increase sales in a positive note ..
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Even if they improve the current TV Ad about Linea or Punto to much better impressive ones and host it all channels frequently especially when Cricket is going on, i am sure people shall notice it alot more.
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

Who was Hyundai in India before they launched Santro ? But they did something smart by tying up with SRK to vigorously promote the car. Fiat needs to desperately promote the brand with a fitting brand icon, and put themselves literally in front of the customers face (ie print and electronic media). Their advts are a bit too sophisticated for the aam aadmi . To put it in perspective,
    Maruti "Kitna deti hai " ?
    Fiat " Thoda kum ?"..
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  6. mayank

mayank Amatore

I ticked all of the above options :p