1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India 2013-14 Goals

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Surya, Nov 21, 2012.

What should FIAT India do to make it this time

Poll closed Feb 19, 2013.
  1. Open FIAT Exclusive Independent Dealerships

2. Open FIAT ASS in all Major metros and Cities

3. Promote new models

4. Cease FIAT Engines/technology sharing contracts to competitors

5. FIAT branding in India

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    FIAT-INDIA should act very fast to get the A.S.S at the stand and should intimate all the owners by post or by post that they have professionals to take care of the cars now.

Should make Adv. in local News papers for Punto/Linea every Sunday..... Should continue for at least 6 months.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Atleast if a top executive from FIAT (marketing/sales mgrs or heads) get an account on TFI and team bhp and follow most of the threads every now and then, thats should do a bit more.
  3. Firstly, I think Fiat should spread its dealer network to all major cities, Fiat should open up exclusive Fiat showrooms equally backed by exclusive service stations in all the metro cities & with time should spread its dealer network to as many towns or small cities as possible...Fiat should have dominant dealer network thought India because people here are not only concerned with buying a good car they even want their car to be backed a good service provider to support their car's after sale services. Many people here (Non-Fiat owners) who love Fiat cars say that Fiat Punto & Linea are very good cars but the only problem is that their spares are not easily available so it's better to avoid buying one. So in order to clear those people's misconceptions Fiat should spread its network.

Secondly, Fiat should try improving its Brand image by advertising more, Fiat should make the customers well aware about what Fiat & Fiat cars are actually good about. Promoting their cars in Bollywood movies can be a good source of advertisement as well, I have seen Royal Enfield advertising their bikes in some of the recent Bollywood movies. Mostly people say that Honda city & Hyundai Verna Fluidic is Better looking than a Linea & has got more road presence, why because Hyundai verna & Honda city are more popular models?? So Fiat strongly needs to rebuild their image in the market.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    In my opinion just 2 cars in FIAT'S portfolio is big problem. FIAT should launch a hatchback below Punto and an entry level sedan or MUV under Linea.
  5. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

If I believe what FIAT's new CEO for Indian operations commented in various interviews about their recent plans then FIAT is is on the right path. They have to build a market & change people's perception about FIAT. They already have one of the best Diesel engine technology in India & Petrol T-Jet engine is also best performer that FIAT can launch again in Linea & other new models. So at quality point of view, FIAT is at par on International standards & brings the best for the Indian market. Now as they are starting independent showrooms & workshops, things will change for positive. But they have to be little aggressive in their approach, which so far I didn't see. Their TV & print media promos are not so tempting and go unnoticed unless you are a FIAT lover. So make adds more interesting to catch people's attention. Promote what FIAT car is all about solid built, high performer, fun to drive. Use you diesal engine technology as USP. Let the world know what swift, ritz, vista, rio etc runs on.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Rightly said bro. Aggressiveness is all they need now and i keep wondering every day which FIAT executive will understand it and implement it or atleast convey it to their top management.
  7. Fiatian

Fiatian Novizio

Fiat has to brand what they have got in their cars, the competition sales are too high with the same fiat engine under hood but fiat never has touched this upon.

Today fiat is real VFM on Indian roads, and this has to be advertised in a loud way so that car buyer come to know what fiat has got.

Every new car buyer has Maruti/Hyundai in their checklist for sure, hope to see Fiat soon in the count :nicethread
    1 person likes this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I really don't expect Fiat to sell like Maruti/Hyundai. I just want to see the Brand perception on Fiat changes and that they sell in good numbers to become a profit making unit in India.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  9. Well said....its true that extremely high sales figure of Fiat doesn't matter....only thing that matters here is that at least Fiat should improve its brand image so that people don't hesitate to buy a Fiat car. Fiat should make consumers aware & target at improving all the factors leading low sales figure so that people who actually want to buy a Fiat should buy one instead of not buying one thinking about the Bad image of Fiat (weak dealer network & availability of spares).
  10. vishal_tomar

vishal_tomar Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    Manufacturing JV was the grave mistake did ny Fiat with TATA ,who are known to grab engine of others mercedize in past , cummins for the heavy trucks , then after starting copy of these same engines . if you see CRDI of TATA safari it is pathetic to hear a very bed nosie .

A very samll effort to improve ASS by own service center & model's consistancy + trained few other prominant auto houses for fiat repair . as far as the quality is concerned , if any thing make by tata for fiat car is easy shown a diffenrece in quality . fiat must tuff their quality assurence department to not compromise with their standard .