1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT India 2013-14 Goals

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Surya, Nov 21, 2012.

?

What should FIAT India do to make it this time

Poll closed Feb 19, 2013.
  1. Open FIAT Exclusive Independent Dealerships

66.7%
  2. Open FIAT ASS in all Major metros and Cities

73.5%
  3. Promote new models

61.5%
  4. Cease FIAT Engines/technology sharing contracts to competitors

26.5%
  5. FIAT branding in India

65.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Looking at the current situation in India FIAT has planned many things upcoming in the coming months.. It has to focus on many things in order to have a good share in the market.. as it has Decided to go solo and preparing for the competition with other competitors.

What would you think FIAT India should concentrate on to get it correct this time ..
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hmm.. for me personally i prefer QUALITY at front. Though one might compromise a bit on a feature but quality no way. They already got amazing designs (looks) in their models. Apart from that more and more Showrooms, Caffees and service centers.

Oh i am definitely looking forward for new car models from them. Atleast 2 by this year end.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  3. anonymous

anonymous Timido

Noida
    I have chosen 4 out of 5 choices here but in my opinion, the most change is the change of perception of indian buyers which is the most diffcult task to achieve.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The 5 factors listed are important, hence checked all the 5.

However, in the current scenario to utilize the Engine plant capacity they need to sell engines to other manufacturers.
  5. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    I sadly choose "Cease FIAT Engines/technology sharing contracts to competitors" because generally speaking they have excelled only in this area of Sales. If they keep doing this diligently, they will survive in the market. This is their bread and butter as of now
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    FIAT has nothing to loose here but what about the customers ..end customers who run their cars in INDIA will FIAT orphan them ?

Though all 5 points are equally important .. it all depends on how FIAT will enforce them keeping the Indian market in mind
  7. simbio

simbio Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think after sales service and brand presence is key for increasing makert share and customer confidence. As for quality, FIAT cars are one of the best on Indian roads. And thats why major auto players use FIAT engines.
  8. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Me also did the same, thought that it make sense, as Fiat should have to take proper steps to check all the points mentioned.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  9. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    At this point of time, Fiat should focus on bringing the glory of their old days - branding. To that they need to open their own Exclusive showrooms (Fiat Cafe) at all major and Tier-II cities and service centers (ASS) than introducing new cars. Even if they are not ceasing the engine technology, the others (Tata and Maruti) are already looking for their own way/options of the engines (may be Tata use the technology they can get from their European acquisition JLR and Maruti will be building their own diesel plant in India soon). Fiat should now concentrate on some entry level market that is a huge one in India than the enthusiasts market. Enthusiasts always go for what their choice but to make a presence, Fiat should look at the entry level market too (I finally convinced one of my colleague to go for Punto, even he is planning to take next year only, from Maruti Ritz/Ertiga).
    1 person likes this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Oh i just noticed via fiat webpage that Blue & Me is developed by Microsoft. I am sure its bound to fail. They really should switch it to some other, perhaps Linux ;) So another goal for 2013-14.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    1 person likes this.