1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat hopes global recast will aid India operations

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by rakesh8051, Oct 12, 2011.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    The problem Fiat India is facing is CUSTOMER DISCONNECT.

Why isn't this simple issue going into their heads?!

Fiat's strategy is simple:

1.) Get prospective customers to realise that there is a company named Fiat making and selling cars in India!
    2.) Convince these prospects to come into their showrooms and check out their products.
    3.) Convince them that Fiat is here to stay and is committed to the Indian customer by giving them good quality product inside & out, ready spares & decent levels of service.
    4.) The ones that will end up buying their cars should get a good expereince of owning a Fiat. Product & service satisfaction should exceed industry standards by a huge margin.

What happened with that Accenture thing? What did they do? Weren't they able to put a finger on what ails Fiat and the reasons for slow & dropping sales?

If Fiat isn't aware of the ground realities then all they need to do is put up a stall in all malls across India with both the Linea & Punto and ask each and every person that checks out their cars this simple question: Why will you not buy these cars?
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I like the idea dude, Just them have the Punto and Linea with T-jet in the parking lots of Malls and let them have the close looks of the interior and exterior of the car with the Blue & Me in function, Give them all the information on the cars that the others dont have and offer them sweets....
    Atleast start the innovation Fiat-India......
  3. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Good Questionare Amit,
    I have given the same idea some 01 year back and may be another 25 ideas. But response time is tooooooooooo muuuuuuucccccchhhhhhh.
    They have the huge inertia to react. A typical mentality. "When water comes till your neck then start moving hands and legs".
    Anyway though very late and slow, they are doing something nowadays. That itself is important.
    best of luck FIAT. PLease don't stop the momentum now. Keep balls rolling......
    New exclusive showrooms, cafe, new models, aggressive Advtz, good A.S.S., maintain quality !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  4. Excellent suggestion by Amit.

If they feel bad or hesitate to ask with mass "Why will you not buy Fiat cars?" in short, same can be questioned with there walk in customers at Fiat - Tata showrooms and did test drive and finally selected other brand.

I think Fiat are keeping the database of Inquiries, at least.
  5. I agree with you and Amit..

Except for new models... rest all things mentioned by you is right. FIAT has the best models at present but still no takers, means serious flaw in the other departments and also one important thing to be considered by FIAT is to stop giving engines to other manufacturers..
  6. And shut the shop and go back ! :)

Why we will not consider Fiat as major automobile part manufacture than a car manufacture at India.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I agree to Rakesh8051.

FIATs bread and butter is Multijet Engines. If they stop giving its engines to others then they need to shut the shop and go back
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    FIAT has been displaying the T-JET already in many malls around here in mumbai.There was a T-JET in a nearby mall for 15days.And many people were really checking it out with eyes wide open.Only thing i was noticing was when a potential customer asked the salesman about service he would get an answer as "Sir TATA ke he workshop mai he hoga sab service"
    This much was enuff to ward off the poor chap away from the beauty.Sales are not killing FIAT but service sure is.Instead of setting up exclusive boutiques they should've focused on exclusive service centers and the sales would automatically catch up!!
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sure that sounds terrible and horrible..as if buying a car and becoming a taxi driver.

Sure tata workshops are not at all "peace of mind" thing . no surprise most of the Indians are aware of it but fiat.