1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT have plans to launch cars with 1.6 MJD ? Or only engine sale?

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by dr.stephen, Jul 24, 2015.

1. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Strange strategy play by Fiat by not launching their own 1.6 mjd engine in their products first. It might be a safe play(absurd IMHO) to wait for other competitor to launch 1.6 first and let them sell volumes and then plonk the same, differently tuned engine in fiat products and do profitable business. This strategy might earn them profits only till the other manufacture gets their engine. Fiat would have to be contended with selling their engines, and technology like a vendor to the car manufacturers. Fortune favors the brave and fiat should wake up at least now, before irreversible damage occurs to the brand and start taking customers feedback seriously and give products what market demands.
    bharath likes this.
  2. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    Seriously is there anything left for the Fiat brand to be damaged in India? It is some guys like us who go against the tide and enjoy their products but now when I go for an upgrade, do I have anything at all in their stable in next budget range? Infact to experience the GEM of an engine from Fiat, I will have to buy a Maruti!!
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The stars are aligning for a 'merger' (of some sort) between FCA and Suzuki? Also, given the amt JV Maruti has just setup in Manesar with FCA or rather Magneti Marelli. With a seperate 'tie-up' of some further or lesser sort between FCA and Tata Motors (including JLR and the truck division?) on a global basis?

As for an upgrade within the FCA stable: it'll have to be either an Abarth 500 (starting August this year) or....the Jeep Renegade+C-Suv (by 2017). Unless the 'New Avventura' plotted for end-2016 by their declared plan is a bigger-than-4m, Duster-sized one...perhaps even a 7- or a (5+2)-seater?
    Turbothinghy and Sailer_Punter like this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    B
    Bro the 1.6 S-cross is heavier than Punto by at least 50 kgs. So a 1.6 in Punto would be even better :D The S-cross is actually heavy unlike other Marutis, and as far as it's review is concerned, it mimics that of a Fiat car albeit the steering.
    Sailer_Punter and prabhjot like this.
  5. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    Regarding the merger, it will surely have its drawbacks but if that happens, hope the positives mask the drawbacks.

Coming to upgrade, apart from new Avventura, nothing else looks to be in budget for aam aadmi. And if they give the same 1.3 mjd then it is the end for my "merger" with Fiat.

Now coming back to topic, will they give 1.6 mjd? As per me they should and they will but question is by when?
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    IMO not on the current cars, that's almost for sure. First on the Jeep b/c-suv (2017) and possibly on the New Avventura b-suv (end 2016-2017), not on the current Linea, Punto or Avventura one suspects.

Besides, with petrol prices set to stay low, diesel prices deregulated, and a turbo-petrol like the t-jet now locally-made and priced, and finaly available on all 3 models....the need/business-case for the 1.5/1.6 mjd is not just debatable, it is IMO: absent/finished, for these cars. For Jeep: yes sure.
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    My guess is Fiat will come with a 1.5 mjd while Maruti will not be allowed to tamper with the 1.6 physically and hence will retain the 1.6. Fiat doesn't allow their engine customers to modify anything in the engine while fiat can do everything to suit their requirement . Customers can only modify and play with the ECU and software related items. Thats an area where Maruti has a grouse and excels too as they put all their efforts to work around the limitations and they seem to be doing pretty well at it.

Abdul
    prabhjot and Turbothinghy like this.
  8. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    The dealer told me that the car is expected to be priced at 8.5L to 13.5L ex-showroom
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 3, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 3, 2015 ---
    S-cross-Accident-2-1024x768.jpg

S-cross-Accident-3-1024x768.jpg

S-cross-Accident-1-1024x768.jpg
  9. basavaraj koti

basavaraj koti Novizio

bangalore
    Hope all this is Read / Heard by Fiat Management and they wake up.
  10. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    From my experience with common people, none of them understand simple technicalities of the car. They can only understand the following
    1. Small Car Hatch or Big Car (three boxes)
    2. How many have they sold ? If it is more then it is safe
    3. What are my peers and people around me telling/ talking?
    4. What is the mileage?
    5. Looks ( subjective though)
    6. Few can relate to service and re-sale

None of others make any difference, they will not be able to get to the heart of handling, tires, build, safety etc. If FIAT has to crack this market, they will need to do something out of the ordinary, doing something similar to any of the other established players will not help, in my opinion. I guess even a linea or a punto with 1.6 will be majorly bought by prior fiat owners looking for a upgrade.

Just yesterday while i was sitting in my car, there was a passer by who liked and looks and asked me the mileage. I asked him what else does he want to understand, he had no questions, neither did he look like he had any.