1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT have plans to launch cars with 1.6 MJD ? Or only engine sale?

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by dr.stephen, Jul 24, 2015.

1. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Now Maruti Suzuki is launching S-Cross with Fiat 1.6 MJD. What are the plans of FIAT India about FIAT vehicles with 1.6 MJD ? Any way I feel sad about this plan of FIAT sourcing this engine to somebody even before its own use in FIAT vehicles. If FIAT is not coming with 1.6 mjd's, I think it will be a nail to their...... FIAT lovers please pour your feelings.
    Dr. Fixated likes this.
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    dr.stephen,

i believe 1.6 mjd cars from fiat in india will be from 2017.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I feel that next year Fiat would launch 1.6/1.5 MJDs with Linea and Punto in the top trim. Even when 1.3 MJD was launched, it launched with Swift in 2007, later was launched in Palio in 2008.
    Dr. Fixated and prabhjot like this.
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    facelifted linea in 2014 was supposed to come with 1.6 MJD
    They will not launch this engine unless maruti manufactures it locally and then its easy for fiat to get parts of engine from the vendors developed by maruti.
    wait is the option may be for 2-3 years.
    Dr. Fixated likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The 1.5/1.6 mjd has been twice confirmed to Autocar as an engine that will come only on the all-new cars/Suv-s, starting perhaps in end-2016, more likely 2017: on at least one localized Jeep model, presumably the Renegade, on at least one new Tata Suv built alongwith the Jeep at Ranjangaon, and on one/two all-new Fiats (the 'new Avventura' b-suv and/or the all-new Punto.)

The launch of the t-jet across the current range and the fact that Maruti's come-first with the 1.6 mjd, imported for now, are IMO both great signs of FCA in/by, say, 2017 locally manufacturing the 1.5 mjd, and hopefully offering it right across the range (old or new?)

The 320 odd Nm of torque is simply stunning for an engine of this size, with good fuel efficiency and excellent emissions too. A champ.

But Fiat's current-car brand-standing is too weak to sustain or justify financially the localization of this engine. Hence, Maruti goes first, and Fiat+Jeep+Tata follow later, once the engine's established its reputation.

Makes much more business sense that way, no? Volumes, volumes....chicken-or-egg-came-first?

Hope this reading is accurate: from all reports it does seem so?

Meanwhile, with petrol prices low and diesel ones now un-subsidised, the t-jet's the engine to yearn for on the current Fiats. Hope at least a fair few do develop such a strong yearning when the FiatAbarth Punto + Avventura + 595 Competizione launch over the next month or three!

A 'fair' few.....how many would that be, we have to wonder and hope??
    bharath, Dr. Fixated and dadasaheb like this.
  6. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    Even if 1.6/1.5mjd is confirmed or is in news, it will take at least 2-3 years to reach the market, just like abarth.

So keep waiting
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    dadasaheb likes this.
  7. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    Please don't disturb fiat while they are sleeping. They have been thinking & thinking ( it is said so) about new launches. Those who are in a hurry to test fiat's new engines may please contact the nearest maruti dealer. Now s cross with 1.6 mjd and later on ciaz with the same engine. For 1.3 mjd2, please wait for next gen swift or similar car from their Godfather in India-MSIL.
  8. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    Was reading the review of SCross in teambhp and the engine power details and the power delivery details are mindblowing.
    It would have made wonders in our heavier Linea's and Punto's. I can just imagine the power delivery and torque steer in our cars with that engine.
    Wish if they launch it by next year atleast and I will surely buy that car. Else next upgrade looks like S-Cross, supposed to have better dynamics and ride quality coupled with better build quality. Will have to sacrifice the steering wheel of Punto but that is something I can live with for that engine.
    prabhjot and dadasaheb like this.
  9. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    saw the S-cross 1.6L yesterday for display. it looks very nice.
    except for the high price and low GC, i really liked the car.
  10. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    High price ? I think the price isn't revealed yet. The 1.6 mill being an imported one is likely to be priced high. But its a maruti, so would definitely be priced competitively.
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.