1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat has rejected my claim under extended warranty?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by SANJAY KUMAR JAISWAL, May 19, 2015.

1. SANJAY KUMAR JAISWAL

SANJAY KUMAR JAISWAL Timido

B-37/6, RRCAT COLONY, INDORE
    INDORE
    Grande Punto 1.3
    During my last visit to Bilaspur (C.G.) I’ve faced problem in my power steering oil pump (leakage in oil seal) and made claim under extended warranty but Fiat has rejected my claim due to not changing steering oil on time i.e. 24 months.
    I have regularly serviced my car at Fiat service center-Indore and replaced all the items every time as advised by their service advisors.
    Specially I would like to bring to your kind notice about my third Free service (24 months service) in which I replaced all the requisites like parts and oils (engine oil, Fuel filter, Oil filter, etc.) as advised by their service advisor and paid Rs. 5200 Approx.
    Can anyone help me in this issue?

Regards
    Sanjay Kumar Jaiswal
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Assuming everything that you mentioned above is true. Send a mail to fiat stating that you have serviced your car at regular intervals and the service advisors did not change the steering oils. This may eventually come back to you however you can put up an argument asking if the service advisors have put a note stating that they had recommended the oil change and you rejected in into the system. However for such cases it is better to take car to some other FIAT service center so that they put up your case.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @SANJAY KUMAR JAISWAL,

Kindly refrain from using all caps or complete posts in bold attributes to highlight the issues.

With regards your problem, please send an email to Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar, and request for a communication with your service center. When you provide the car no. the details could be checked by them via online system DMS. That way they can assure whether or not you have not stopped dealer from changing steering oil. You could mention that you were not recommended the relevant changes and that you have automatically assumed that service center will change all the requiste oils and other consumables in time.

Search via google or through TFI search for Mr. Mangesh's email id.
  4. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    I share a somewhat similar experience for the coolant-oil-heat-exchanger replacement few months ago (I described that on this forum) when oil was seen in the coolant. FIAT declined the request under Ext Warranty giving similar reasons (coolant not changed after 24 months & services not done). When I wrote to FIAT Care and put the responsibility squarely on FASC / FIAT, they immediately called and asked the details and later accepted the replacement request.

Experts may advise if we are needed to ask / insist on the FASC service advisor to perform all recommended things during scheduled service OR they are supposed to advise us and record our response? Its like going to a doctor for preventive check-up, isn't it? They know better, but ultimately, it is our body (I mean vehicle) !

@sanjay, please share the outcome of your communication with FIAT Care.
    platinumshine and asimpleson like this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The 2 years or 30k/60k kms will cost more than 5200 bucks that you have mentioned. From the bill amount, the power steering fluid may not have been changed. In this scenario, the extended warranty can be denied. Write to Fiat and you may get a goodwill warranty or at least a discount to get this repaired.

Also do not type in caps, it is equivalent of shouting.
  6. SANJAY KUMAR JAISWAL

INDORE
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear friends if any one have email id of Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar please provide me.
  7. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
  8. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Pune
    I tried to send an email to Mangesh, but the email bounced. Is he still in Fiat?
  9. SANJAY KUMAR JAISWAL

INDORE
    Grande Punto 1.3
    "Good news" finally my claim is accepted by Fiat & yesterday Pump is replaced under extended warranty.
    Thanks to all of you for helping me.
    Regards- Sanjay
    pabhishek, rejin_r, sdp1975 and 2 others like this.
  10. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    good.....happy riding.....