1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Group Automobiles India Private Limited: (FGAIPL)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Sep 10, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @Ravi - On the one hand, you want to state "Do not take it personally", then on the other you want to dissect my post line by line and make a mockery out of it. I don't know what I did that annoyed you so much. And then you want to conveniently ignore my post of being willing to drive 100 kms a year, if need be, to the ASS.

The keyword being *ONCE A YEAR*

Can FIAT give me an assurance that nothing will fail abnormally, requiring me to drive the extra 100 kms to the ASS multiple times a year? I am not talking about accidental unexpected failures. I am talking about the like of CSC failure, Elastic Pad failures, Horn switch failure, pretty much any failure that is caused by poor quality of components / lack of proper QA. Can you cross your heart and claim that you have visited the ASS only once a year, that too only for scheduled maintenance?

My grouse is not against the distance. It is against the lack of focus towards customer satisfaction. I have owned a FIAT for the past 5+ years and have first hand experience of TASS - all of them in Bangalore. I have really nothing to cheer about with this move, as to me it means, driving extra distance to be served the same old wine in a new bottle.

I am out of this thread. Thanks.

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    To add to the problem, none of my issues ever got solved in single visit. I had to make multiple visits, this could be because part was not available, or because service man was not available, or because all the indica's filled up the bay or because FIAT shipped wrong part. If you would see my AC upgrade thread, you would realize it was nothing less than a nightmare, wrong parts, broken parts, non availability or part, non availablity of skilled labours etc etc.

Having said that, we have given 3 years time, it has been sufficient time to take learning and bring in changes. Probably they are moving towards improvement, may be too late and too slow cant say on that as of now. 2009 owners could have hard time because company product and establishment was new but i still see the pain has not reduced for the new buyers and there have been many new gates opened up on quality issue for old buyers. This needs very serious focused attention. History could repeat itself if the company doesnt focus on improving quality as well as ensuring the existing buyer or to say those who risked there hard earned money on there horses are served well, probably company might have to serve them much better than what other companies do, as its necessity for the company to build back the image.

Blue pill, red pill, yellow pill, sweet pill, sour pill, bitter pill what ever pill it may be, the company has to take it, if its looking for long term future. Initial reaction to Linea and Punto was a warm welcome for the product, they failed to keep up the momentum and if the product failures is not checked and fixed it could do a permanent damage. Company have to now make vision plans for 10yrs, short term visions will not help now.
    2 people like this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Valid points amit and viny, completely agree.

There are problems which only Fiat has to correct, like improve the quality and reduce niggles. No one can make niggle free car though.
    Other issue is sharing servicing with Tata cars (mostly taxis), and Fiat is working on this.

We may disagree, but Fiat in last 3 years, consistently tried to do so many things. And with so bad response from buyers, they are still trying. Time will tell if they get reward or not.

Raja, when you want to add 2 KMs to justify your point, you should accept other's point also. I never felt you are making mockery of me, not sure why you felt.

I didn't, I just wanted to point out that distance discussion was un-called for.

Unfortunately No body in world can give this assurance.

We all know once a year is not happening and to have this quality needs to improve.
    For me, I just visited 3 times in last 2 year, one extra was to have check-up before I went to Pune. But I know this is not common and I agree to this. Problem is if some issues happens to someone, they don't to agree to others that this is not a common problem. Again this can be discussed in both way, so I will leave it here.

I completely agree and this is what I am also saying.

Again, I met few Bangalore members, in last 3 years, and by and large in Bangalore customers are satisfied with servicing. You are entitles to show your displeasure with issues you had with servicing, but one can't stop saying others that servicing in Bangalore is more than satisfactory and comparable to any other manufacturers.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

My dealer and the ONLY Service provider in a city of 5mn+ population will shut the shops for FIAT from Mar 13. No second option available as of now in city.
    Next nearest service center is around 350km+ for me and that the ground reality.

Company doesnt speak or its speaks to only selective customers I guess. Like the email or mail that Ravi shared, i didnt got any, not does anyone else in my city as far as I know..and if this news reaches that the only service center will close its services post Mar 13, will anyone would buy or recommend services in my city?
    And what about those who doesnt have connection with e-world and digital media and who cannot reach to company doors.

To worsen the scenario, if the dealer and its team knows that they are going to give away the FIAT dealership, will there service level commitment remain same, given that they know its just few more months and they can wash of there hands? This could be termed as serious allegations, but then this could be ground realities too.
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    viny from which city you are?
    And from where you got the info that they will close down, before new center/s comes up?

And Fiat sent email as well as hard copy. May be you should check with your dealer that your email address and mail address is correct or not.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    This is a serious problem in the future Viny. I bet FIAT themselves have to take extra care to make happy transition. I am sure you would have approached FIAT on this problem. But i would say add pressure on them. Take this issue topic with FIAT executives if you are visiting plant.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Viny, Fiat has made clear that they would be having 80+ dealerships in 67 cities across India by Mar'13. I am sure that your city would also get the exclusive Fiat dealer and service center. From what I read, Fiat should be opening multiple showrooms before the end of this year. Let us be patient for another month and see how it goes.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    And new centers doesn't come up, existing center will continue to do the service/sales, unless some extra ordinary situation in your city.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I know it is annoying but, this is strictly prohibited and not a good idea too. The agenda of plant visit is totally different. It is gesture from the manufacturer to its customers to see the plant. Not to discuss about our issues.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

As you know i have recently visited TASS for horn issues, thats when i came to know about Mar 13 issue from the horse mouth.
    Oh my email address is with almost everyone in FIAT i guess and my residence address has not changed to. As a matter of face even if anyone else with black linea in my city gets his service done, i get the SMS and telephone from FIAT about the service status :p

As a matter of fact TAtA + FIAT started second dealer in my city some 2years ago, it wrapped up the business in 1 year and can no more be seen. The existing dealer doesnt want to continue as he doest see profitability, was very clear and vocal on this.

I seriously hope and wish they setup some arrangement. Though in past when local service center was not able to do the job, they asked me to travel 300+ km to get the service done, but i didnt nudge and hence they had to send there flying doctor to fix the issues. So there are hopes, as they say "dubte ko tinka ka sahara bhi bahoot hota hai ..."
    1 person likes this.