1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Group Automobiles India Private Limited: (FGAIPL)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    17KM, from google map (please bear in mind you stay in very outer area of Bangalore).

maps.JPG

Now what I want to say, currently there are 4-5 service centers in Bangalore, combined with Tata, and we defiantly know 3 dedicated centers will come (there may be more).
    One may have to travel little more, other may get new ones nearby.

Personally I don't think travelling 5-6 or 10 KM for servicing, once a year, will be issue, if they improve their escalation mechanism and keep few highly trained technicians for major/tough issues. Normal servicing and small/general issues are getting resolved anyway.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    +100 on this. Its the attitude thats the problem most times and one favorable condition with the independent A.S.S is that the battered cabs are not choking the service centers. More time available per car in this scenario.

Anyways, its all said and done, its time to watch how things unfold.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the map. I think in an effort to prove my distance calculation wrong, you are totally sidelining the real issue here. I do not mind driving an extra 10 or even 100 kms a year to get the car serviced, provided I get good service.

As far as I am concerned, I now drive x kms to get average service. I now have to drive 2x to get the same average service. I see no value add.

Rajan
  4. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don't take it personally, but showing distance was meant for showing the distance topic we are discussing is highly exaggerated.
    And please read my full post, I didn't sidelined from real issue, what I say the improvement in servicing is the key, not the small changes in distance. I have provided some pointed suggestions as well, I would like to see from all of us.

I completely agree, and we all are skeptical what all changes/improvements we will see. But because of skepticism, we must not start putting some imaginary scenarios and hypothetical situations.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Not taking it personally Ravi. Where the road that I live on joins OMR, there is no right turn. I have to drive 2 kms towards Hosakote and do a U turn. The map does not take this extra 4 kms into consideration :D

May I also state that nothing is imaginary and hypotetical. My comments are based on existing experience. Neither FIAT nor Dealers are sending out any positive signals for the exisitng impressions to change. For example, why is the location so secretive?

Coming back to hypothetical - If FIAT had proactively communicated with existing owners and asked for location preference, don't you think it would have gone a long way in winning customer confidence? Maruti does not have to do any such thing as they already have dedicated ASS all over the place. I somehow still feel that this whole exercise of setting up exclusive ASS by FIAT was not started by putting the best foot forward first.

Rajan
  6. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok, add 4 KM on 16.6KM, its is still 20.6 KM.:)

Just read some posts above, members have thought of 300 KM as well. I know he doesn't mean it literally.

Their letter of confidence was one of the big positive signals, and they are fulfilling it. Signals are two way, so we must receive it also.

Come-on, you can you imagine what will be outcome? Every streets needs one.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    In all aspects looking at the current developments and press statements by FIAT it looks like they are busy in setting up/renewing contracts with existing and new Manufacturers in selling engines, As long as this channel is getting good revenues i hope either FIAT Inc or FIAT India will ever bother or take serious steps in setting up Dealerships and SCs for FIAT Cars in India.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    You have hit the nail on its head, Ravi.

Essentially, both of us are saying the same thing. If it's Once a year, & superb technical service, I don't mind travelling even 10 kms more. That's what Fiat has to ensure. I think 1st indications from Millenium Motors Pune do not give this confidence/ assurance. Italia_Linea can give more details.

To all TFIans - Before mentioning few key points, let me state that these points are not towards targetting anything against Fiat. We all love Fiat, wish it's well-being and wish that it does very well. Shying away from key areas of improvement will do more harm to Fiat than to help it.

- Fiat must ensure that the customer does not need to visit FASC more than once a year. That is what was the objective of keeping a higher service interval of 15,000 kms. That was a USP which it could not use.

- This means that Fiat has to tighten Quality parameters and may be tolerence levels in specifications frojm a few vendors. Each car delivered to a customer has to be fully checked with tighter controls/ norms/ tolerances to ensure that the customer does not face any issue before 1st service and subsequently ensuring Once a year visit norm.

- To ensure that technical staff is fully trained and have expertese in their work domain of diagnosing issues and remedy.

- Spare parts availability

- The system/ ethic/ work culture / processes has to be such that the above is always ensured. Mess up in Inventory system/ process or recruting/ training/ measuring/ appraising capabilities of technicians & it will defeat all hard work.

- Offer products as per market requirements - may be Engine upgrade? may be Autobox?

- Competitive Pricing/ Positioning

- Set up a solid Distribution Network. Earlier attempts failed due to lousy and untrustworthy Fiat Dealers.

- Keep the staff happy, keep the dealers happy, keep the customers happy. Happy & motivated staff & dealers results in better sales & service.

- Visibility is the key. In retail, "jo dikhta hai woh bikta hai". Increase Marketing budgets/ activities/ run innovative campaigns/ special promo's/ free service camps etc
    2 people like this.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Completely agree with you Amit. The USP of having long service intervals is simply diluted with multiple visits to solve the niggles than for regular services.

FIAT also needs to keep in mind that the replacement parts cost should not be high which will in turn make the ownership a costly and frustrating affair.

A happy dealer will do more than his share of actual load of selling the cars. Same way a happy customer will give you more business may be by way of repeat purchase or referrals. Both of these simply cannot be ignored.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    My other car is 7 yrs old and still i have a good rapport with the dealer/Service.. i get the same hospitality since the day 1 of purchase. They call and ensure things are working fine and issues addressed to completion Dealer is not bothered whether i am buying a product again or not but that keys in all the perceptions in mind of people
    1 person likes this.