1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Group Automobiles India Private Limited: (FGAIPL)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Sep 10, 2012.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    This is the same problem for me w.r.t distance of Dealers and ASS, Patchboy. Although i do not own a car yet, but still something to ponder upon.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I think FIAT sees engine sales just as a revenue generating business model, which may continue even after they establish successful and wider dealer-service network.
    I dont think they are unconcerned about existing customers. They seriously intervene and track issues to closure when an existing customer comes up with a genuine issue. That is my personal experience.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    This is a typical problem that I'm afraid of unlike you guys who are very much excited. This will also be acceptable if a customer gets superb service. Unfortunately first impression of customer experiences with Fiat ASC millennium motors Pune defies that confidence and excitement. Long hard work is needed which I hope materializes.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rajan and all, I would request not to make some imaginary situation or scenario, like to drive 300 KM for servicing in Mumbai or 36 KM drive in Bangalore.
    where do you stay now in Bangalore and where you go for servicing now?

I am not sure by what you mean by "qualit of service", if you give some pin-pointed examples that would be better.
    Remember. all service centers run by similar educated persons. I have personally seen service technicians in Concorde joined from Maruti.
    The thing differentiate is how the system is in place.

We can hope Fiat does put some tight and proper system in place for issues.

What basic infrastructure is missing.

Amit, this is not a typical problem, but hypothetical examples/scenario.
    I think to excite you and us, Fiat is trying hard:), you need to feel it.
    3 people like this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    For all those who are not so excited about the independent Service Centers, I have few points to share with you guys! Lets see if you people agree or not.

No matter how much training one gets, a person becomes an expert only after having actual work experience! This is true for most of the types of work across all industies!

Lets take an example scenario of a TASS. Here most of the SC's in metros and other big cities have separate Service Advisors for Fiat and couple of other guys like team leads and technicians who work on either a Fiat or a Tata car but not on both. but this separation ends there! the guys who actually get their hands dirty on our cars work for Fiat and Tata both!
    Now we know the fact that a TASS in any metro gets 80% Tata cars and a maximum of 20% Fiat. In smaller cities Fiat percentage is insignificant. So this guy works on a Tata car for 8 hrs and 2hrs on Fiat on an average considering he works for 10 hrs totally in day. Now his expertise also has to be related to this rough proportion!

This was one point. another point is that like we change jobs in our own respective industries, they also keep switching between maruti,hyundai, fiat, VW etc. so its the same set of guys everywhere! The main differentiator is the expertise and the system in place and the system would not be very fruitful without expertise!

Now when independent service centers are in place, anyone working there will get experienced with Fiat cars only! Don't we think it will make a difference in their expertise! I certainly do, given few months time and considering they don't switch jobs every six months! here again system has to come into picture to keep the employee happy enough!

Thoughts please!
    2 people like this.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    But his wording sounds it's actual and not hypothetical.
    In any case, If no. of ASCs are going to be reduced to 80, there is bound to be hardships. There is no doubt about increase in travel time. Setting up network is not easy & can not be achieved in short time. Moving from 80 to current level of Tata will take further more time. In the meantime, there would be economics - Fiat sells about 1000 cars a month. With 80 dealers, it would be about 10-12 cars per dealer. With 160 dealers, it would be about 6 cars per dealer. Will Dealership achieve break-even unless Fiat takes sales to 2000 in Dec'12, 2500 in Jan'13 & 3000 by Mar'13?

;) ha ha ha. "you and us" or market ? ;)
    On a serious note, in professional environment, efforts without end-results are tolerated till a certain point beyond which efforts without end-results becomes meaningless.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The distances I have quoted are actual. I live near Budigere cross on OMR, after KR Puram towards Hosakote. The nearest ASS is now KHT near Brookefield. My office is in EPIP Zone, near SAP labs. I have no issues travelling the extra distance, provided it is worth my while. As a matter of fact, when KHT was still new and was highly recommended by friends, I drove all the way from Gottigere to Brookefield - 27 kms one way - to get my Palio serviced, but was diappointed as the experience was no better than Prerana on Hosur road, a mere 9 kms.

AKAIK, the FIAT exclusive ASS of KHT is coming up somewhere on IRR near Domlur. I have had my Palio serviced at KHT thrice and both times the experience was not all that great. So, I do not expect any better from the new exclusive FIAT ASS, as it is most likely to be manned by the same technicians.

It is not as if I am not excited about having exclusive ASS, where I don't have to compete with battered taxis, but I am a bit skeptical about the quality of service. I feel what is lacking is pride in what one does. Technical knowhow can be learnt and taught. Attitude cannot.

Rajan
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Having exclusive FIAT show-rooms and authorised service stations is definitely better than the present arrangement of sharing the facilities with TATA Motors. No doubt, FIAT India is in unenviable position today due to their heavy past baggage. But, they are definitely trying to shed their baggage and going in the right direction. I would definitely drive to an exclusive FIAT authorised service station located farther than a nearby shared facility. :)
    3 people like this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its not reducing to 80, bit 80 will be ready by March 2013 and will expand to other cities as well. Proportionate to existing 80, will be also in same range. In smaller cities, where no dedicated centers comes, existing service will continue. So I don't see how, compared to existing situation, for servicing we have to travel more.

KHT Domlur will also be under 20 KM.
    Till now we don't know others are coming in which area. So wait.

We already discussed earlier. Imagine, how same technician performs so well in Maruti? How his technical know how and attitude perceived to better?
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Pray do tell by which route. I take OMR - Indiranagar 100 ft road and it is 22 kms to Kodihalli Junction. I thought Domlur was further ahead.

Rajan