1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Group Automobiles India Private Limited: (FGAIPL)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Sep 10, 2012.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    So why did FIAT landed in this problem in the first place? Did the management not cared much or is it because the Tata dealers lured away FIAT customers and still FIAT folks slept happily after? What was the real problem?

One of the CEO was replaced by a new CEO at FIAT india. That means the old CEO was lame and cause of this downfall? Although i do not entirely blame on just CEO, every body is part of the blame because all are responsible.

P.S: Sorry if i have missed out a past thread/post about this topic.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There is no simple reason, do read sales threads and http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-india-news/429-what-fiat-needs-do-sell-more.html

Mr Rajeev Kapoor was RETIRED.
  3. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to Fiat's decision to divorce the Tata. Heard that Fiat is bringing in Jeep brand soon to India. Expecting they bring in Ram Trucks before Jeep to India.

As well looking for Fiat's service center outside the current TASS and Tata dealership as I feel the service will be better with the own service center.

The offer of .5 more commission to the Tata dealers to open dealership for Fiat may delight the dealers not the customers that Fiat should understand.

To get the old charisma of the name in India, Fiat should be focusing on the customers than the dealers.

After the news of Tata-Fiat tie end, I see a lot of Fiat vehicles on road nowadays.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I second that. Infact just this evening i saw Sport parked near my company, but unfortunately i was in the bus returning home :( Damn i missed it.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    If these are the words in the email/ letter, then there could be an issue. Technically, if a dedicated Fiat Dealer opens in Navi Mumbai (which it's opening very shortly), Wasan, Kandivali can refuse to service Fiat. And this is what someone mentioned from Mumbai as well as some other city that TASC asked them that it'll stop servicing Fiat from Mar'13. If that happens what Viny mentioned may become a reality in all probability.

BTW, any idea how many dedicated Fiat ASC have opened till now?

Rajeev Kapoor was very successful at Hero Honda. Apparently, it seems he may not have gotten required support / attention from Fiat, Italy.
  6. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I hope you received the email as well, but I am attaching here as well, for exact wordings -

22754d1336728103-fiat-tata-re-align-their-indian-joint-venture-fiat.jpg

And how you assume there will be just one dedicated fiat dealer/service center for cities like Mumbai? And if, for assumption, 2-3 dedicated dealers/service centers opens, with sales number Fiat is doing, it should be more than sufficient (I am sure going from one side to another in mumbai will not be 300 KM :)).
    At-least in Bangalore, smaller city then Mumbai, we know at-least 3 dedicated service centers and dealers are coming.

The news broke some year back and we all (mostly) are getting services without any interruption, so I don't see any reason not to believe the letter above and start speculating. Lets us remember, Tata is still in JV with Fiat, just the model has changed, and hope it is for good.
    3 people like this.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the post ravi
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No, you are getting wrong again.

The JV was made and both invested in Plant in Pune. Both Fiat and Tata (some productes) produces their vehicles from same plant. This is and will be as it is.

There were agreement that Tata will do service and sales as well. This is changing.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Thanks Ravi.
    But iuf you notice my post I mentioned IF the email or letter is verbatim as you mentioned earlier then what viny mentioned is a probability.

Regarding one or less ASC in Mumbai, it was just an example. However I won't be surprised with anything related to Fiat :). Anything can happen and I shall wait and reserve my comments. That's why I asked if anybody has any idea as to how many dedicated Fiat ASC are opened.

To my mind bigger issue does not seem to be Fiat India but seems to be Fiat Italy. Rajeev Kapoor came with a reputation and over 30 years of success can't vanish in 3 years. Guys like Mangesh are hard to find.
    1 person likes this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Consider this scenario:

The nearest ASS centre is 12 kms from where I live and 3 kms from my office. The nearest proposed ASS is 32 kms from where I live and 36 kms from my work place. The existing ASS will stop accepting my car and I will be forced to drive the extra distance, whenever I need something fixed.

To make matters worse, it is the dealer who has the now existing nearest ASS, that is opening the new exclusive ASS. Ergo, I cannot expect any better quality of service. What is exactly my benefit as a customer? I would be much happier if FIAT just shuts shop for a while, get the basic infrastructure in place and then come back with a bang. To me this appears to be a half-hearted effort, at best. I also honestly believe that FIAT is not very bothered about the existing customer base, but is more bothered on selling engines.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.