1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Group Automobiles India Private Limited: (FGAIPL)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Post moved to appropriate thread.

Few points -
    • The company name mentioned is Fiat India Automobiles Ltd (FIAL), NOT FGAIPL.
    • By March 2013, the no Fiat car will be sold under the existing Tata-Fiat joint dealerships.
    • By March next year Fiat will have presence in 67 cities under our own dealerships and we will make up for the rest by the December 2013
    • Currently we are in the process of recruiting new people. We will be hiring 100, who will be mainly on customer facing roles
    • On Sales, company is looking "at maintaining the current rate".
    • company will be investing on brand building exercise to align with the Indian market
    8 people like this.
  2. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Wooww.... Good To hear that...But What about "Service Center's "?? When They Seprate ?
  3. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    2 people like this.
  4. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    From today's Hindustan Times. Hope there are some positives out it !

Note from mod : The news article is unconfirmed and hence not to be believed.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
    3 people like this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thought of sharing this bit of information.
    Business Line : Companies News : Fiat

High points (from Mr. Atanasio) -

- “We will have some problems in the short term when dealerships are being set up. The fate of Fiat post-2014 will be good and positive by which time we will be able to take full advantage of what we will build,”

- “I cannot launch a product without a network but am trying to speed up the entire exercise."

- The key is to “do things in an orderly fashion and sell as much as we can in the short-term”.

- The good news is that the response from potential dealers has been overwhelming though the existing Tata-Fiat network will be given top priority.

- Today, India is part of Fiat’s renewed strategy for the Asia-Pacific which also includes China, Japan, Australia and South Korea.

- “We have five R&D centres in Asia-Pacific of which the biggest is in Chennai (Chrysler India Automotive) with over 1,200 engineers."

- If the script goes according to plan, there will be an interesting range from the Fiat and Chrysler stables in the coming years.
    3 people like this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    CEO corner in Fiat website was done to make a confidence in public that fiat care for their customers. It was a business strategy. What we should appreciate is that Fiat CEO had replied to the mails(not necessarily all). One should take it as positively:)
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    All sounds good. What worries me the most is this -

If the existing Tata-Fiat dealers were indeed very supportive and are so keen on continuing the relationship, then why in the name of God do we hear such horror stories about ASS?

I don't know if I should be doing this :D or this :A with this move.

Rajan
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Sounds good in news articles. God knows how many of these journalists actually own a FIAT. I am really really apprehensive about the existing TATA folks setting up FASS. Nothing much will change. I wonder what it will take for FIAT to talk to the likes of Hariprasad and set up FASS workshops where the technicians take pride in what they do.

The people I would like to see leaving are the existing TASS guys.

Rajan
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  9. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    excellant info ramesh,thanks for sharing at right time.

Even i dropped my wife many times at same venue.

Though noticed cuty red's punto.

Yet?, couldn't notice any chyrsler R and D
  10. Loki

Loki

Phew. Some thread this has become over the past few days :)

Totally agree with Mr. Atanasio. They should concentrate on setting up the dealer network first. While I'm quite sceptical too about Existing Tata dealerships getting first preference, it does sound totally practical - I hope being standalone FIAT dealers does give them the incentive to sell/ service well. Once a strong network has been setup, FIAT can bring in newer models. And I seriously hope they don't share the 1.6 / 2.0 MJDs with anyone else ! I'm pretty sure Maruti will be desperate to get hold of the 1.6 MJD !!

59 Lineas this month is quite scary at first. But we need to look beyond the numbers here considering what is happening behind the scenes. Most of the potential buyers must have stayed because of the confusion surrounding the Tata split. Once the standalone dealerships come up, I'm pretty damn sure that number is going to go up. Inspite of all this, doing 600 odd Puntos is quite decent I would say...
    1 person likes this.