1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Group Automobiles India Private Limited: (FGAIPL)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ this shows Fiat doesn't have proper contact information of buyers :)
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Off topic, post deleted.

- - - Merged Post - - -

True and i thought since no proper response via email/phone, that way its easy. Any ways, hope he gets his issues sorted out by FIAT very fast.

Good luck viny.

@Ravi,
    Apologies for off topic.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I remember we can verify our contact information with Fiat by just filling the car registration number and the chassis number.
    Fiat India
    1 person likes this.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    This one's a serious note.. how come one can forget a customer who has spent all his hard earned money.. real big money to buy his car and they don't have any information about him in thier database, this is ridiculous. I had a shock when i called SC and they could not get my details in the database..:shocked
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Surya, fault mainly lies with dealers, they sometimes doesn't provide the details or sometimes wrong details.
    As Ramjin provided link, check it. If its not available, ask your dealer to do that.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Now, why I mentioned that I'm not much excited...

Following are Italia_Linea posts from other threads

Unfortunately, Fiat has a habit of messing up things. What Italia_Linea has mentioned is Bang on.

Earlier, even in Uno days, Fiat Dealers were so atrocious (though can be termed as Premier Dealers as well). Many of them did not give customers back their Uno booking amount whom the car was not delivered.

Now, there are serious question marks on the 1st FASC appointed as above. If selection of Dealers is not exquisite, the whole exercise for improvement goes for a toss from the 1st step itself, afterwards however hard it does the other work, it’ll wipe off everything. That’s what has been happening with Fiat, however hard it works on a few parameters, because of mess up in some other parameters, the desired outcome is never achieved.

Someone also mentioned that there was no system at Millenium Motors & everything was manual or was in Excel. Even if those were early days, such type of beginning without proper systems will only spread bad 1st impressions and in many cases we say 1st impression is the last impression. Without systems, how will Dealer/ FASC going to manage Inventory and overall service process chain?

Against rational mind, from the bottom of my heart I still want to believe Fiat will take care of all such things whether basic or advanced, whether bigger or smaller items. Will Fiat do it or be able to do it? We can only wait & pray.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Why FIAT is running behind existing TATA dealerships in setting up the showrooms and SC's.. coming to the basics i don't have answers to these questions :

1. Why they don't have a plant of their own for manufacturing cars is that so difficult to setup a plant or campus what about new cars if introduced again will they depend on others?
    2. Every Company has a proper base or Head office of its own in every country they operate does FIAT INDIA has it?
    3. There is proper way to recruit and train engineers in their domain does FIAT have any facility for this a FIAT institute?
    4. Finally does FIAT INDIA has its own employees or again its all contract to hire basis ?

my question is there any body from FIAT really working to get the basics right ..?
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Investments, time, energy required, resources required. Furthermore, FIAT was always in India with a local partner. TATA logically looked a good option for JV, given that company had base, ready dealer network, land, and would be buyer of there engines. Everything was fine upto this point, but sharing the same space on consumer front became wrong decision. Two different market brands, two different philosophies, two different culture ...rest is all known.

Please understand, as far as i remember, FIAT and TATA has completely different factory, i didnt saw any tata cars being manufactured in FIAT factory when i visited. It was all FIAT.

Yups, I guess you need to read more :)

Yups, those who have visited the factory can tell you all the QA process :)

Mix of both, own employees, contracts and cross managed.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think you are being selective, I see some members has given positive feedback as well, but you ignored that.
    Though I agree with your points, valid, but too early to say new service centers will not have any system in place.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat tieing up with TATA never seemed logical to me. If the same joint venture was with Mahindra, things would have been different I believe, firstly the challenge of in house competition would have eliminated.

Anyways, I still believe the new dealerships should be given time to settle down. The Viva Toyota Service center too was running only on excel like the primitive era when it started.

So we may come back after an year and see if they are still in the same state, if yes, its a waste of time discussing things like these, if no, then need to see what made it work.